PDA

View Full Version : Teknatool liked my lathe stand!

Alan Trout
01-20-2009, 11:57 PM
Some people after seeing my lathe stand said I should send some pictures to Teknatool. At the end of December I sent them some pictures of my lathe stand. I received a response a couple of day's ago asking if it was OK to put some of the pictures on their web site. I said sure. I looked a today and they were there. Kind of nice that they liked it enough to put it on their site. http://www.teknatool.com/Gallery/Gallery.htm Now I just need more time to use it. Hopefully in the next week or so.

Thanks.

Alan

Ken Fitzgerald
01-20-2009, 11:59 PM
Congrats Alan! Very nice looking stand!

Steve Schlumpf
01-21-2009, 12:05 AM
Congrats Alan! Nice to see they placed it at the top of the page so it is the first thing everyone sees!

Don Carter
01-21-2009, 12:07 AM
Congratulations Alan. I would recognize it anywhere. There ain't but one of those around.
All the best.

Don

Tony Greenway
01-21-2009, 12:31 AM
Alan, that stand looks great!! Didn't Henry Ford start out that way?

Dewey Torres
01-21-2009, 12:33 AM
Man...if that isn't cool what is????

I thought your design was great when I first saw it. WOW !

As others have said, Congrats!

Jim Kountz
01-21-2009, 8:14 AM
Congrats Alan, nice to get some kudos for your hard work and creativity!!

Gary Herrmann
01-21-2009, 8:49 AM
Very cool. Congratulations.

Jeff Nicol
01-21-2009, 8:53 AM
Alan, So when do you get the royalties for the nes design! Your stand looks like it came right from the factory! It give a sense great satisfaction to have something made that is appreciated by others!

Great job!!

Jeff

Jim Underwood
01-21-2009, 9:41 AM
Wonderful stand Alan. Congratulations on the publicity.

Do you have any larger pictures?

I found this description to be a bit cryptic though:

This custom made stand combines with DVR XP weight over 830lbs. It is constructed of a couple of mild steel 1/2" rod ends with tube adapters in a piece tubing. It is attached with clevis pins.

Can you explain the construction?

Jack Mincey
01-21-2009, 10:14 AM
Very Cool Alan, it has to be rewarding to have your creativity and hard work recognized in such a way.
Jack

Alan Trout
01-21-2009, 10:33 AM
Thanks again to everyone. Jim yes I have to agree that they description is very cryptic indeed. However you have to remember that the contact I believe is in China so there is a bit language Barrier.

Here are a couple of photos.

Alan