PDA

View Full Version : Matching PM paint color

John Sheets
01-20-2009, 7:45 PM
I recall several folks making accessories for their Powermatic lathes, and then painting to a close match. Anyone who has done this or recalls the paint, I would appreciate some info. Did you find a spray paint that closely matched, find a chip for a brush-on color that matched, or had the guy in the paint store do a custom mix?
Thanks, JS

Ted Okolichany
01-20-2009, 8:07 PM
I called Powermatic in TN and they sent me a free spray can for touch up on my mustard.

Ted

Ken Glass
01-20-2009, 9:11 PM
John,
I took my Mustard Monster tool rest to H.D., and had them put the color match gun on it at their mixing station and it was very close. They then added a few more squirts of the same colors used to try to match it the first time and it was extremely close. I use the paint for touch-up and also to paint homemade rests.

Kurt Bird
01-21-2009, 7:14 AM
John,
If one of the free methods doesn't work, you can buy spray cans of OEM PM paint from www.osolnikmachinery.com (http://www.osolnikmachinery.com).
Kurt

Thomas Bennett
01-21-2009, 7:28 AM
I have some ,John, left over from repainting my own model"C". I'll bring it to the next woodturners meeting.

John Sheets
01-21-2009, 8:29 PM
TB, I was looking for a little closer match than what you got on the Model C. (For the other SMC folks, Thomas painted his a pretty disgusting royal blue)