PDA

View Full Version : The morning wake up call...

Brodie Brickey
01-20-2009, 12:59 PM
So I get up this morning, start the coffee. Log on to the Creek before getting ready for work. The dogs are doing their rough housing in the living room when I hear this CRASH!

So the big guy in the picture, Jack, jumped up onto the chaise chair at speed and the chair went into the big picture window. Dogs weren't hurt, fortunately. Now its 6:45 AM and I'm running a skill saw to get the plywood to size for board up. I'm sure my neighbors were very appreciative. ;)

I know I'm going to have this little problem for a while, since I'm pretty sure I'll have to get a complete replacement window. Glad I didn't buy a new flat screen TV like I'd planned this weekend.

So should I go for bullet proof glass for something else? This is really the only window in the house that isn't double paned. Thoughts would be appreciated.

Jim O'Dell
01-20-2009, 1:41 PM
A while back, one of the then rescue dogs decided to chase a squirrel that was in the front yard. Unfortuanately, he was inside at the time. :eek: It was a double pane E glass. I had no idea they were that expensive to replace. All our other glass with furniture in front of is only about 20" wide. Chairs hit the wall on one side or the other before hitting the glass. And that has happened several times!!
Check around. I bet they can make a replacement in the E glass if you are so inclined. Your disadvantage is the shape of the glass. Jim.

Dewey Torres
01-20-2009, 2:14 PM
I might find a different spot for the chaise lounge after the window man does his number on your wallet.

Rod Sheridan
01-20-2009, 3:21 PM
Well, my plan of attack is that pets aren't allowed to rough house in the house.....Period.

So I've never had to consider bullet proof glass.

I did however have to tie the Christmas tree to the valence one year while we trained the new cat not to climb the tree. (After she knocked it over of course, I wasn't smart enough to see that one coming.)

Regards, Rod.

Brian Effinger
01-20-2009, 4:24 PM
At least it isn't 10 degrees out, like it is here in Buffalo.
You might want to consider tempered double pane glass. If it does get broken it will crumble into small pieces, like a car windshield.

Mark Hix
01-20-2009, 9:09 PM
Teach the dog to install windows.
You might look at a lamenated window...the glass has clear plastic coatings on both sides. A store I ran kept getting broken into so I put in the lamenated windows....window broke but stayed in place.

Brodie Brickey
01-20-2009, 9:44 PM
Teach the dog to install windows.

Best suggestion I've heard so far.

Jerry Olexa
01-21-2009, 7:59 PM
Sorry about your mishap....but imho the dogs are still worth it!! Is that one a lab??

Brodie Brickey
01-26-2009, 7:39 PM
Sorry about your mishap....but imho the dogs are still worth it!! Is that one a lab??

Supposedly he's a Golden Retriever mix. They claimed White German Shepard (which I'd never heard of), but I think Daddy was a yellow lab. Got him from rescue and he's been wonderful, beautiful disposition.