PDA

View Full Version : The person that PMd me a link to cheap books

Dewey Torres
01-19-2009, 5:47 PM
A few weeks ago I got a PM thanking me for a recommendation on a post and sent me a great weblink for books that was way cheaper than Amazon. I am in the market for some books now and can't for the life of me find that link. Help:o

Any others out there?

Mike Henderson
01-19-2009, 6:15 PM
This may not be what you're looking for, but try this site (http://www.bookfinder.com/).

Mike

Thomas Bank
01-19-2009, 6:24 PM
www dot edwardrhamilton dot com

Bob Parker
01-19-2009, 8:09 PM
cheapbooks.com?

Robert Eiffert
01-19-2009, 8:56 PM
abebooks.com is a consortium of used/remaindered sellers. US and UK. You can email the seller if there are special questions about condition, etc. I've never had a book mis-described for condition.

betterworld.com offers good prices on a wide range of books

Dick Latshaw
01-19-2009, 10:39 PM
addall.com will give you prices from a number of sellers.

abebooks.com is not one of my favorites - ordered three books - one delivered without incident, one an immediate 'we are sold out' message although they still listed the book as available, and one that claimed the book was shipped and that I returned it, NOT. Got refunds for the last two but wasted my time.

mike holden
01-20-2009, 9:12 AM
Dewey,
I use Abebooks dot com a lot. Best prices I have found, and good descriptions of condition. Only thing to watch is where the book is coming from, I had on on Grinling Gibbons come from New Zealand and the shipping was more than the book! (but still a total cost less than from elsewhere, England in this case)
Mike

Dewey Torres
01-21-2009, 1:57 AM
All,
Thanks for the replies. It has to be one of these right???

My friends to the rescue!

Now lets get some turning books!