PDA

View Full Version : I'm back from vacation..MAJOR GLOAT..I can't post photos

Ken Fitzgerald
06-27-2004, 10:48 AM
MAJOR GLOATAfter two weeks of vacation in the Midwest......I came home late last night....I walked around it in the dark (I didn't trip or fall.....). :eek: :D My contractor has very nearly finished my new shop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd post photos but my wife is still in Illinois with her parents and she's got the digital camera! :eek: :D I hadn't seen my contractor for nearly two weeks before going on vacation. I was starting to get a little concerned but I knew he was starting another project. While I was gone, he sided the shop....poured the floor.....installed the soffits, walk-thru door and garage door. From my point of view after he cleans up the site, hauls away the scraps and fills in around the foundation on one side I owe him the final check. It looks like he did a good job! The hardiboard/cementous lap siding looks great and matches quite nicely with the siding on my house! I'm wearing paths around it this morning since shortly after the sun came up. Inspecting, smiling, inspecting, smiling, admiring, smiling, did I mention smiling?
I wonder why my jaw hurts? I'm going to finish some work on my wife's "honey do" list and then I begin my portion.....painting the exterior and then electrical...insulation and finish. I'll post pictures as soon as my better half returns with the cameras in a couple of weeks. I think I'll go NASCAR it and make a few more laps......did I mention I'm smiling? :D :D :D :D :D

Jim Becker
06-27-2004, 10:53 AM
CONGRATULATIONS, Ken!! 'Can't wait to see what it looks like woth real walls, etc.

Brian Hale
06-27-2004, 10:55 AM
Congrats Ken, i know your one happy WW'r! Get those pics soonest so we can Oooh and Ahhhhhh

Brian

Jim Ketron
06-27-2004, 12:27 PM
Congrats Ken !! hope I can start on my shop soon! It not going to be very big 20 x 20 or 20 x 24 I have limited space to build it and budget also. I can always add on in the future. (Do show some pics ):D
Jim

Chris Padilla
06-27-2004, 2:18 PM
This Thread Is Worthless Without Pictures!!!!!

;)

John Miliunas
06-27-2004, 3:43 PM
OK Ken...So. You gonna' tell us how you *really* feel? :D That's just got to be too awesome! Yeah, can't wait for the pics. :) Oh, and "CONGRATS"! :cool:

Mike Scoggins
06-28-2004, 11:10 AM
Congratulations Ken; I'd be smiling too! I hope one day to have the pleasure of building my own shop...but until then I'll get my vicarious thrill through experiences like yours.

Thanks for sharing - can't wait to see the pictures.

Mike

Kelly C. Hanna
06-28-2004, 3:51 PM
Guess we better nickname you Smiley! :D Congrats on the shop progress...can't wait to see pics!

Jim Becker
06-28-2004, 3:54 PM
Ya know, Ken, I was thinking about this and you really should add a "shop-based" digicam to your construction budget...you know, one that doesn't tour the world with the better half? :D