PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Area

Ken Higginbotham
01-19-2009, 11:28 AM
Not sure where to post this - Anyone live in the Atlanta area that can recommend alternate places to purchase lumber. My interest at the moment is plywood to build some cabinets. Instead of Lowe's or Home Depot, was wondering if there were any better places to shop?

ken

Maurice Ungaro
01-19-2009, 11:49 AM
Ken,
When I lived there, I purchased most of my stuff at Peach State Lumber in Kennesaw. Not sure what part of the Megalopolis you live in, but there is also Atlanta Hardwoods west of town in Mabelton. Also look up Georgia Hardwoods and Suwanee Lumber Co.

Ken Higginbotham
01-19-2009, 1:05 PM
Thanks for the tips - I'll check them out -

ken

Eric Garner
01-19-2009, 2:19 PM
I use Peach State Lumber in Kennesaw. They'll beat HD/Lowes every time on price and have much better quality for sheet goods. They have a surfaced section with the popular varieties of hardwoods and an exotic section. If you want it in the rough then let someone know and they'll pull a pallet for you to pick through.

I've never been to Suwanee Lumber Co., but I've heard very good things about them. They would be a lot closer if you are in the Gwinnett area.

Maurice Ungaro
01-19-2009, 2:23 PM
Having just looked at a map, looks like you're not far from Austell. Seems like there's a hardwood supplier over there too. Sweetwater Lumber is the name, as I recall.

Ken Higginbotham
01-19-2009, 2:27 PM
I googled most of them and the mableton yard was not to far -

I have business in the Kennesaw area later this week, I'll slip in and check 'em out.

I look up Sweetwater Lumber as well - Thanks for the suggestions.

Edit: After a quick google map I know right where the Sweetwater store is located - Thanks, I check them out as well.