PDA

View Full Version : a future woodworker in the making

Alan Huey
01-19-2009, 1:54 AM
My 3 year-old grand daughter loves to "Help?" A future woodworker in the making??:rolleyes:

Dewey Torres
01-19-2009, 2:10 AM
Hey,
You get her fitted with hearing protection, a face shield, and she seems to like it too!

You may be right:)

Judy Kingery
01-19-2009, 2:27 AM
Alan, Absolutely! Fondest memories of 'helping' my Dad in the shop and he encouraged his lone daughter as much as his four sons and I ended up the wood turner in the family, ha! More power to you and she'll remember that forever! Cool! Jude

alex carey
01-19-2009, 4:47 AM
gotta get them turning young.

Jim Kountz
01-19-2009, 7:49 AM
Oh man thats just too darn cute!! Looks like shes ready to learn!!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-19-2009, 9:10 AM
That's cool! You never know how helping grandfathers and Dads will effect them. Did I mention my pretty petite daughter...mother of 3 of my grandchildren has a college degree in automotive mechanics?

Steve Schlumpf
01-19-2009, 10:02 AM
Congrats Alan! Love spending time with the grandkids and always fun when they want to help out with the woodworking! Funny how a hammer and a few nails can be so entertaining!

Bernie Weishapl
01-19-2009, 10:17 AM
Congrats Alan. There is nothing better in this world than spending time with your kids and especially grandkids. It is just priceless.

Jeff Nicol
01-19-2009, 10:20 AM
That is wonderful that your she wants to spend time with grandpa in the workshop! So far with our 4 kids no grandchisldren yet. Only one is married. She has a beautiful english setter named Berkley, that is our grand dog! Our son is in Okinawa in the Air Force and has not found the right girl. Our oldest just ended a relationship so no luck there. Our 19yr old says boys are dumb! She is way smart, speaks 4 languages and says college is boring! Besides with 3 daughters all the boys are afraid of me because the girls tell them how strict and mean I was!

A very precious moment!

Jeff

mike holden
01-19-2009, 10:25 AM
You are a lucky man!

Bill Bolen
01-19-2009, 11:18 AM
Yeah! Drag another one into the vortex before she can even defend herself..Beautiful little girl! Rivals my own grandaughter...Bill...

Brian Effinger
01-19-2009, 12:10 PM
All I can say is Awwwwww :)
Little kids can be so cute, almost makes me want to have one...almost.

doug young
01-19-2009, 3:29 PM
I heard once that to a child, the greatest form of fun is work. Helping cook, nailing boards digging dirt etc. funny how that changes as we get older. You are investing in a life... keep it up. doug

Alan Huey
01-20-2009, 1:02 AM
Thanks everyone! She is precious, and busy. No matter what we are doing, she wants to help,(and then be in charge).
The fun thing is that no matter what toy, vase, or glass gets accidently broken, she tells us, "Give it to Papa. He can fix everything!"...:D too cute.
Spend every minute that I can with her.