PDA

View Full Version : question how how the work the motor now with pics

curtis rosche
01-18-2009, 8:28 PM
well, my step grandfather had a treadmill that he had worn the belt through on, so before he threw it out, i asked if i could have the motor. i planned on taking it out my self and getting all of the electronics from it, but he did it before i could. i ended up with a motor and the lower components, but i dont have any of the controls from the top portion that wouldve made it variable speed. the motor looks small, but it sayd it has 2.65 hp and then under that it says 1.5 continous. i am hoping to hook this to the lathe. is there a system to hook up to it to make it run and be able to use the variable speed? i will take pictures if i can tommorow.

David Christopher
01-18-2009, 8:37 PM
Yes type in ( tread mill motor ) in ebay and they have everything that you will need

curtis rosche
01-18-2009, 8:58 PM
i only saw the control board that looks like the one that is beside the motor. i am looking for the part that has the speed control knob

Scott Conners
01-18-2009, 11:11 PM
Most likely you have a 1.5hp continuous duty DC variable speed motor - a good find! You'll need ot get some type of speed control system, most are PWM systems on treadmills. Take a clear photograph (or write it out) of the motors name plate with all the specs as well as any other parts you might have and post it here, and we'll be able to give you more help. Good score!

curtis rosche
01-19-2009, 12:09 PM
ok. i will do that today as soon as possible.

curtis rosche
01-19-2009, 3:45 PM
heres the pictures the circuit board, the power supply, the motor, the thing it the middle which is the thing for doing inclines(not important) it appears that the wires that went to the upper controls on the tread mill were cut off. and there are 3 green wires that are attatched to the metal frame(ground?) that one is cut off the other has a crimped end on it that i cant find a place to connect to.

curtis rosche
01-19-2009, 3:47 PM
here are the rest, the upclose shot of the group of colored wires is the end that is attatched , the other end is the one that is cut

curtis rosche
01-19-2009, 4:00 PM
anyone know how to make it work?

curtis rosche
01-22-2009, 9:16 AM
i pluged it in and it did nothing, anyone know how to make it work?

Terry Murphy
01-22-2009, 12:23 PM
Most tread mills have a safety switch, so when us old guys pass-out, it will shut down.
Some of those wires are for that.
Terry

hank dekeyser
01-22-2009, 3:33 PM
You'll need to find a wiring diagram and or schmatic specific to the treadmill you pulled it from. Personally if I had it in front of me I could probly t-shoot it to make it work? BUT I would likely just toss the board and get a decent DC controller, they're pretty inexpensive from surplus central. ALSO most all of the fans (like the one one your motor) are threaded on and when run in reverse WILL unscrew and fall off. The fan will increase the load you can put on the motor. Without it you will likely cut the HP rating in half at least.
Reason I would likely replace the board is two fold - it does more than you need out of it - and - you dont know how to make it work the way you want it to.

Good luck w/ it

curtis rosche
01-22-2009, 3:51 PM
any chance you know the exact board i would need?

Ed Griner
10-16-2009, 11:50 AM
Curtis, a couple of things you might want to check,any fuses(probably near bigger wires). Fuses could be the glass variety,plug in,cartridge,etc.I agree with Terry,look to be sure all dead man switches are satisfied. Keep it as simple as possible.

Ed

Dick Strauss
10-16-2009, 12:31 PM
Curtis,
I think something like ebay item 220494687347 (Minarik XL3025) is what you need. As Hank said, you'll need to ditch the rest of the electronics since this item replaces everything except the motor/fan.