PDA

View Full Version : Cradle completed

Fred LeBail
06-26-2004, 9:47 PM
As some of you will remember I was making a cradle for my Daughter and my first Grandchild. Well it is completed and delivered. She was very pleased with her new peice of histroy. (Family heirloom).
I built it of Oak and put on a Cherry stain( not my idea) and sprayed it with Lacquer. I had trouble finding hardware for the Swing mech. and lok, but with the advice I received here things turned out fine. There are 20 Mortise & Tenon joints in it. As you can tell it is my favorite way to join wood.
Her are some pictures, hope they work!
1. Work in progress (had trouble posting this one. Posted before)
2. Completed
3. Lock mech. ( from Bruce, thanks)

Fred

Rob Littleton
06-26-2004, 11:25 PM
Very nice. Great family heirloom.

Nice work my man

Jim Becker
06-27-2004, 12:46 AM
Lovely! Lucky daughter. Lucky grandchild! (Lucky grandpa!)

Jim Ketron
06-27-2004, 12:58 AM
Nice job!! should get many years of use!
Jim

Jim Guy
06-27-2004, 6:46 AM
I'm in the middle of building two cradles. First grandchild and one for my nephew. You inspire me. Great job.

Brian Hale
06-27-2004, 7:15 AM
WOW! Thats a great looking piece Fred.

Chris Padilla
06-27-2004, 2:06 PM
Very pretty, Fred! It is sure to last a long, long time (...in a galaxy far, far away...) ;)

Ken Fitzgerald
06-27-2004, 7:51 PM
Beautiful Fred! That'll be used for many generations to come and I'm sure you'll be remembered as the maker! I hope you placed some form of signature on it so they know "Grandpa Fred" made it in 2004!

Fred LeBail
06-27-2004, 9:46 PM
Beautiful Fred! That'll be used for many generations to come and I'm sure you'll be remembered as the maker! I hope you placed some form of signature on it so they know "Grandpa Fred" made it in 2004!

Yes Ken , Branded and dated !

Thanks Fred

Bruce Page
06-27-2004, 10:05 PM
Very nice Fred! Your cradle turned out beautiful & will bring many great memories in the years to come. I'm glad my little drawing was helpful. I spent this afternoon at my daughters celebrating my granddaughters 1st birthday. I snuck into Morgan's bedroom to spy the cradle that I built for her and it was full of stuffed toys!:D

jim barter
06-28-2004, 9:12 PM
Fred / Excellent looking work much like the ones you showed me when you were over. Jim