PDA

View Full Version : 18 dollar burn table

Dave Johnson29
01-18-2009, 3:02 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I would share this burn table.
2 x 16' lengths 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/16" aluminum angle $15.00
48 - #6 x 1/2" pan head screws. $3.00
Scrap particle board.

I drilled the angle on the CNC machine, but you could easily make a jig.

I also drilled the base on the CNC but you could burn the locations with the laser then drill them.

Give me a holler if you would like the DXF files. You will need to change the Origin on the base DXF to suit your laser or CNC.

Bill Cunningham
01-18-2009, 10:53 PM
Hi All,

Just thought I would share this burn table.
2 x 16' lengths 3/4" x 3/4" x 1/16" aluminum angle $15.00
48 - #6 x 1/2" pan head screws. $3.00
Scrap particle board.

I drilled the angle on the CNC machine, but you could easily make a jig.

I also drilled the base on the CNC but you could burn the locations with the laser then drill them.

Give me a holler if you would like the DXF files. You will need to change the Origin on the base DXF to suit your laser or CNC.

That looks like the flame cutting table we used to use in the steel fabricating yard. Only copper was the material used because it would last longer than Aluminum under the Oxy/Acet . But aluminum is perfect for the laser..A piece of aluminum vent fire grid on standoffs works pretty good too..

Dave Johnson29
01-19-2009, 8:56 AM
That looks like the flame cutting table we used to use in the steel fabricating yard.

Hi Bill, yeah, it does, doesn't it. When I looked at it after assembly I sort of recognized something familiar, but could not quite put my finger on what but it does look like a flame table in miniature.

Before building it, I looked around for some alternative material but was not aware of the fire grid stuff. That sounds good too. I will call in to the local HVAC place and see if they have something.