PDA

View Full Version : Corel X4 Last Folder problem

Dave Johnson29
01-18-2009, 1:26 PM
Hi Everyone,

I have the trial version of X4 and when I try to pen a document it always starts "My Documents."

I have gone through the Help system and searched the Tools / Options and I cannot find how to assign the Open File Folder so that I do not have to navigate all the way from My Documents to my network folders each time.

I am guessing it is pretty obvious but it has eluded me so far.

Peter Meacham
01-18-2009, 1:40 PM
Dave

On my opening CD, it goes to the last folder that I opened (I think). And I set it that way via:

- Options
- Workspace
- General

Go to the bottom right of page and adjust the "On Corel Draw Startup" option (pull down selections)

Pete

Dave Johnson29
01-18-2009, 2:02 PM
- Options
- Workspace
- General

Thanks Peter,

Seems like a quirk if Corel. I had already set that to "Open a New Document" so after your posting, I set it to "Open an Existing Document."

I shut it down, then started it again and it automatically opened up the File Open dialog. I then navigated on the network to where I wanted and loaded an existing .CDR.

I then changed the option back to "Open a New Document" and closed it down again.

Now when I start it opens a New Doc which is what I want, but when I click the File Open button it is where I left it on the network. Problem solved. :rolleyes:

It is a bit of a clumsy approach, but now it is working the way I think it should. Thanks for prompting me to try that option again.