PDA

View Full Version : Sidelar Tool Museum

Mark Godlesky
01-18-2009, 11:50 AM
Saw a story on this on Cool Tools. The guy started collecting tools to use for his business. Now he is an obsessed collector.

http://www.sindelarfinewoodworkinginc.com/Sindelar_Tool_Museum.php

Steve Rozmiarek
01-18-2009, 11:57 AM
Holy cow they need a new website! My connection is bad, but I never did get a page to load all the way.

David G Baker
01-18-2009, 2:03 PM
The site worked great for me.
Fantastic site.

Steve Rozmiarek
01-18-2009, 5:06 PM
The site worked great for me.
Fantastic site.

Should clarify, I do have the worlds slowest "highspeed" internet, grrrrr:mad:. Costs a fortune as well.

mike holden
01-19-2009, 10:59 AM
Mark,
I have had the privilege of seeing his collection up close and personal. He hosted a MWTCA meeting there a couple years ago. The collection is attached to his woodworking business, and he just opened the doors to us. Wow - The man has too many plow planes. This event was attended by the Schwarz, who had a slide show on the Pop Wood website shortly after, may still be there.
Mike

107432 Wooten patent desk with tools

107433 Yes, that is a wheelbarrow full of plough planes!

107434 These are two of five rooms of tools

Rob Luter
01-19-2009, 11:25 AM
Mark,
I have had the privilege of seeing his collection up close and personal. He hosted a MWTCA meeting there a couple years ago. The collection is attached to his woodworking business, and he just opened the doors to us. Wow - The man has too many plow planes. This event was attended by the Schwarz, who had a slide show on the Pop Wood website shortly after, may still be there.
Mike

I was at the meeting that weekend too. His shop is just a couple miles from my house. Very cool stuff!