PDA

View Full Version : Incra miter

Dave Bureau
01-18-2009, 10:45 AM
Rockler has the incra 1000se and miter express combo on sale for 199.00. Is this a good deal and is it worth it? Any feedback? Thanks
Dave

Tom Esh
01-18-2009, 12:29 PM
Seems like a decent deal. That's $100 apiece, which is definitely a hot price for the 1000se, and probably for the sled as well. Worth it? - depends on how much you like Incra. Personally I'm still on the fence. I think some of their stuff is a bit "fiddly" - with more features and adjustments (like the 1000se) than most people would ever use. (Almost as if they had a meeting and couldn't decide which features to keep - so they kept them all.) Yet OTOH with the 1000se they did something I consider really lame, which is require a hex key to lock the telescoping fence section (DUH?) If you're a fiddler, I'd say go for it. If not, the Kreg stuff might be a better fit.

Andrew Rogove
01-18-2009, 1:28 PM
it is already sold out. too bad I was going to pick it up

Bill White
01-18-2009, 1:30 PM
The 1000se that is.
Bill

Dewey Torres
01-18-2009, 1:39 PM
Plus one on the 1000se but I do not own both. I will add that I have never owned an Incra product I didn't like. Some say they are over engineered and they do have tons of options which admittedly make them "fiddle prone" as noted above so if that is not your cup of tea you may not be as big a fan as I.

The accuracy of all there products is the first thing you will likely notice. The resale value on them is very high so chance are you would easily be able to offload if you found you were not using them to the tune of the cost which is also high.