PDA

View Full Version : My First Pens

Mark Hubl
01-18-2009, 3:33 AM
Well the vortex grows stronger. I finally got a chance to try out the pen press and vise I made. Press worked great, the vise is good but could use some refinements. I turned my first pens. Just some slimlines I bought off ebay. They came out ok for shop use but I have to perfect my finishing technique for sure. I used BLO and CA. By the last one I was getting better results. Need to practice some more, I have some euro pen and pencils that I want to make as gifts.

Today's pens are walnut, mahogany, sycamore, aromatic cedar and some spalted maple.

Graham Sugar
01-18-2009, 4:45 AM
Way to go Mark
the pull of the vortex is gaining or as we say in this part of the world "they did't tell me that wood turning was so adictive"
great lookin pens keep it going
Regards
Graham

Billy Tallant
01-18-2009, 5:34 AM
Mark,

Pens look great! I like the middle one, nice color to it. I really like the pen press.

Jeff Nicol
01-18-2009, 8:07 AM
Mark, So far it looks like you have a great start into the VORTEX! The pens are great, and I love to see when someone builds thier own tools to get the job done!

Keep at it!

Jeff

Bernie Weishapl
01-18-2009, 10:33 AM
Looks like you are off to a great start with some good looking pens.

Steve Schlumpf
01-18-2009, 11:47 AM
Very nice pens Mark! Nice variety of woods! Really like the detail lines - should work great to give you something to hold on to!