PDA

View Full Version : Christmas in January

Mike Golka
01-17-2009, 10:47 PM
Well here she is folks, the new Oneway 1640 I ordered in early Dec. They could not get it shipped before Christmas so I had them hold off till the new year as LOML and I went to Huatulco Mexico for 2 weeks. It arrived late Thur. but I only had time to open the crate and make sure everything was there before the grand daughters came over, priorities you know. Fri. I just had time to get it out of the crate and wired up before we went to dinner with more family and the other two grand kids. Today we went to a wedding and just got home. :eek: Finaly found the time to put the first piece of wood in it and make a few shavings:D. Oh yeh, I got an even better gift while we were away, a new grand daughter:D As much as I like turning Ella will still take me away from the lathe when she visits.:D

Pete Jordan
01-17-2009, 10:53 PM
Congrats on everything!

It doesn't get much better than that!

Don Carter
01-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Mike:
Congratulations! You are a lucky man! Happy Birthday, Ella.

All the best.

Don

Ken Fitzgerald
01-18-2009, 1:04 AM
Well here she is folks,Oh yeh, I got an even better gift while we were away, a new grand daughter:D As much as I like turning Ella will still take me away from the lathe when she visits.:D

Mike,

Congrats! Great gloat!

..........Oh...BTW...congrats on the new lathe too!

Steve Schlumpf
01-18-2009, 1:06 AM
Mike - what a beautiful granddaughter!

Congrats on your new lathe! I've never even seen one in person but it sure looks like it would be extremely nice to turn on! Hope you are able to find some time to do some serious turning on it real soon! Have fun - and congrats again on the granddaughter!

alex carey
01-18-2009, 2:20 AM
Congrats on the new lathe. Mike you don't need to divide time between the grand-daughter and the lathe. Instead you need to combine the two. Get her turning young.

Ken Glass
01-18-2009, 8:26 AM
Mike,
The quality on both is Superb. Both will give you years of joy! Ella is the only one that can melt a Grandfathers heart with a smile. Congratulations on both.

Jim Kountz
01-18-2009, 9:16 AM
Man oh man!! Oneway and a new grandbaby!! You cant top that!! Congrats!!

George Conklin
01-18-2009, 9:54 AM
Outstanding! I imagine you'll be turning lots of toys for Ella and the rest of the grand kids. Beautiful grand baby and a beautiful hunk of new mayo.

Speaking of new mayo,,, I guess Andy hasn't seen this thread yet. Should put a big ol' smile on his face:).

Bernie Weishapl
01-18-2009, 10:11 AM
Congrats Mike. How much better can it get!! A beautiful new granddaughter and a beautiful new oneway.

Alan Trout
01-18-2009, 11:20 AM
That is a beautiful little girl and a beautiful lathe. Congratulations on both.

Alan

Brodie Brickey
01-18-2009, 11:22 AM
Congratulations on both. Its also great to see woodshavings on a new lathe so we know its getting used.

Paul Engle
01-18-2009, 2:53 PM
Congrats indeed. both will keep you busy in the coming years Mike !!!!

Jack Mincey
01-18-2009, 3:11 PM
Congratulations on your new grand daughter. You have a great lathe there, that will bring you many years of great turning.
Enjoy both!!
Jack

Allen Schmid
01-18-2009, 5:51 PM
Mike,
Congrats...the lathe is really nice but the new little granddaughter must really be the highlight of the day! May they both keep you busy!
Allen

Tom Wilson66
01-18-2009, 11:52 PM
Congratulations on both of your Christmas presents. Hope to be getting a new grandson of my own in about 2 weeks;), but I'm not getting a new Oneway:(. Guess I'll just have to be happy with the grandson;):D