PDA

View Full Version : Frist pin went in the trash

Dahl Troy Perry
01-17-2009, 9:20 PM
The frist pin that I made looked great did't read the instructions good and pressed the twist part in all the way (wrong) it was not pretty just threw it in trash and started over. Here are the next ones ,one is red white and blue one is purple heart and one is blood wood used ca glue to finish and buffed.

Gordon Thompson
01-17-2009, 9:23 PM
very nice! i like that red/white/blue one.

Steve Schlumpf
01-17-2009, 9:27 PM
Good looking pens Dahl! Another vote for the red, white and blue pen!

Dustin Cranford
01-17-2009, 9:28 PM
Look good. I will give you a little tip I was taught.
Before you install the transmission put the ink refill in it and twist it to make sure it has full motion the way it should. I have had a few that the transmission didn't work and it saved me from having to punch them back out.

Don Carter
01-17-2009, 9:32 PM
Dahl:
I know it may be too late but you can dismantle the first pen. Small set of punches from Harbor Freight tools will do it. I have never done anything like that...;) You might want to keep that first one, just to compare to the pens you make in the future.
I vote for the red, white and blue, too.

All the best.

Don

Billy Tallant
01-18-2009, 1:54 AM
Great looking pens... I especially like the red/white/blue one.

Ken Fitzgerald
01-18-2009, 2:34 AM
Nice pens Dahl!

Jim Kountz
01-18-2009, 9:23 AM
Good looking pens, love the purple heart, nice job!!

Bernie Weishapl
01-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Great looking pens. Another vote for the red/white/blue one.

I had that happen a couple of times and also had a couple that when pressed into place wouldn't work. I took a punch and disassembled it. I got some transmission pieces from Ernie at BearTooth Woods. Put the new assembly in and good to go.

Mike Lipke
01-18-2009, 10:20 AM
You probably can get a new frist pin from the mfr of the lathe.