PDA

View Full Version : Pls. help identify & explain an accessory

Pete Lowe
01-17-2009, 6:57 PM
Before my father died he gave me a woodworking accessory. I never knew what it is called, or how to use it.

I have a table saw, but the accesory does not fit in the miter slot. Maybe I'm supposed to press it against the front of the saw. If anyone could tell me what the accessory is, and detailed explanation of how to use it, I would appreciate it. Thank you in advance.

I will try to attach a partial scan of the accessory. The accessory measures 14 1/2 inches long.

Bill Houghton
01-17-2009, 7:08 PM
It looks like a layout tool of some kind, designed to give you the common angles for various regular shapes (squares, hexagons, octagons).

Is there a part number on it? If so, you might contact Sears and ask them for literature on it (note that they often charge for such literature - not a very progressive company that way).

Tom Godley
01-17-2009, 7:41 PM
It is a layout tool for a circular saw.

Sears sold it with a little book that had all the angles for building stairs, dormers, roof rafters.

It works just like the metal ones that are set up for 90 and 45 degrees.

I have one.

There was also a small strip of wood that slips between the two plastic sections for use depending on the cut and the saw fence.