PDA

View Full Version : Which fence for a Craftsman TS 113.221770 10" 2.5hp

Pete Lowe
01-17-2009, 11:20 AM
Please advise which aftermarket fence you would recommend for a Sears Craftsman 10" 2.5 hp table saw model # 113.221770.
The original fence had a noticeable metal bump on its face that I had to file down. Even filed down, the fence is not so good. Thank you in advanced.

Jim W. White
01-17-2009, 12:05 PM
I had a VEGA fence on mine for many years and was very happy with it. It is light, very secure and accurate.

I've since switched over to a Beyesmeyer and am happy with it also. Either one can be easily put on a Craftsman tablesaw and it will be a HUGE improvement to what your running now.

A search of old threads will give you quite a bit of info regarding aftermarket fences. if your looking for more input.

Jim in Idaho

scott spencer
01-17-2009, 1:11 PM
Pete, if it's a standard 27" deep cast iron saw, most of the aftermarket fences should fit. The Biese and Vega that Jim mentioned are both excellent choices IMO. I'd add to the list the Delta T2 steel t-square fence...at ~ $150 (Lowe's), it's a tough bargain to beat.

Victor Stearns
01-17-2009, 4:14 PM
I replaced the fence on my Craftsman with a Biesemeyer 50". It is one of the best things that I did for the saw. I did purchase the universal model at a local ww'ing store. Some may ask why did I spend so much on the fence? Easy, the saw belonged to my grandfather. I'm sure that he would like the improvements.
Victor

Michael Harvey
02-13-2009, 1:40 AM
I have an OLD craftsman I put a Delta T-2 on and I have been very happy with it. I also replaced the cast pulleys with steel ones I picked up at Applied Industrial Technologies (they are all over) and am very happy with them.

Mike

George Sanders
02-13-2009, 9:31 AM
I put a mulecab.com fence on my old craftsman contractor saw. I also added machined pulleys and a link belt. Absolutely astounding improvements in performance. I can stand a nickel on it while running at full rpm and the coin won't move.

jim hedgpeth
02-13-2009, 9:56 AM
+1 for the vega. I have had my U50 for 2 years now and love it. Made a PITA saw tolerable, and accurate.

Hmmm actually I dont know what capacity you need but I find myself w/ 2 fences and only 1 good saw. Just got a grizzly g0661 and will be putting my u50 on it today. The fence that came w/ it seems nice but as I said I love my vega. Dont know how close you are or what shipping would cost, but if your interested......... we could probably work somethin.
Check out the pic below.
I talked about it some in review of the saw last couple days. I dont know how to link it though. If you search the forum for g0661 review it'll pop up.

jim hedgpeth
02-13-2009, 10:39 AM
Duh me, its 12" left 36" right rip cap by the way.

Scott Schwake
02-13-2009, 10:42 AM
I was in the boat about a year ago, had researched fences quite a bit. I had decided to go for the T2, good fence at a good price. Just for the heck of it, put a wanted add on the 'Creek and ended up with a Bies for about the same price a T2 would have cost me. Love the Bies, but anything would be an improvement over that crappy OEM fence IMHO!