PDA

View Full Version : Vector art

tom casey
01-17-2009, 10:35 AM
Hello everyone,
I am currently looking to buy a vector art bundle. Just would like to see if anyone had an idea where I should look and purchase. Money is tight so I want to make a good choice. Looked at vectorart.com and a couple of others just looking for some advice. -thks
-tc

Steve Eide
01-17-2009, 1:26 PM
For general clip art I have been satisfied with Art Explosion by Nova. 800,000 images are claimed (including photos) and most of them are not a good choice for engraving, however, I have found enough to give me a good variety.

The set included 2 DVDs of vector, a DVD of web and raster, and a DVD of photos, backgrounds and textures, hi-res photos, and fonts. I think it retailed for about $90, but under a rebate deal I believe I got it for about $40. It came with a coupon to send in to receive a 2 1/2 inch thick catalog of the disks' contents (tiny pictures though).

Tom Gooch
01-18-2009, 6:16 PM
Hi Tom,
I just got my 3-volume set of Vector Art off ebay from CutterWorld (Cutter Pros) for $249. ALthough I see they now have it priced at $279. Perhaps if you eamil them and let them know I paid 249---they might extend that price to you as well. They also sell the volumes individually. Hope this helps.

http://stores.ebay.com/Cutterworld

tom casey
01-19-2009, 8:47 PM
thks guys I will look into the both of those.
:)