PDA

View Full Version : Pre-Gloat

Ed Gibbons
01-17-2009, 7:26 AM
Ordered Grizzly 490X jointer. Hopefully it will arrive this week. Why did I order this particular jointer?

1. Good customer service reputation of Grizzly.
2. Lots of positive feedback from Creekers.
3. Although straight knives on many reports provide good or better cuts, I like the idea that I don't have to spend much time adjusting knives.
4. 8 is better than 6
5. Mobile base included.
6. Always wanted a jointer but my advancing woodworking skills almost require one.

I have been looking to purchase a jointer for several years. I am sure this will work out fine.

I will post pics after jointer is up and running.

Don Bullock
01-17-2009, 8:40 AM
Congratulations Ed. You'll like the G0490X. I've had my G0490 for a while and have found it to be a good machine. Like you, it was my first jointer and my reasons for getting it were similar to yours.

Dave Verstraete
01-17-2009, 9:56 AM
Ed
Congrats. I've had mine for for 8 months. It really improved my furniture building. It will amaze you when you cut figured knotted wood.
HAVE FUN with it.

NICK BARBOZA
01-19-2009, 8:48 AM
Glad to hear you jumped on that jointer. I have heard good things about it too.

that ought to be fun wrestling down into the shop! Wish i was there to help.

Next time I am home, we will definitely have to meet up and compare notes. Good luck with the new toy!
Nick

Russell Tribby
01-19-2009, 9:01 AM
I think you'll enjoy those cutterheards. I have the same jointer without the spiral cutter head and have been disappointed with the cut. I've cleaned and reset tknives and adjusted the tables, all to no avail. I'm sure you'll have better luck. Post some pics when you've got it all set up.

JohnMorgan of Lititz
01-19-2009, 9:14 AM
Finally, Ed! :) Congrats, you are going to love it.

Did you devise a scheme to get it in the basement?