PDA

View Full Version : Wood Working Show - Columbus OH 2009

Rick Gifford
01-16-2009, 9:06 PM
Went to the show today. Pretty good crowd for such cold weather we are having.

Picked up a few items here and there. Sat in a couple seminars (Cabinet Building and the other was Wood Finishing). Got a free set of painters pyramids at the Finishing seminar. Free is good.

I was glad Delta Porter Cable was going to be there. I had my mind set on getting the 20" drill press Model 20-950. Hoped to see it in person and maybe get a show discount. The best price I could find was off Amazon with $10 shipping and $799.99 for the press.

But they only brought the 16.5" for display. After talking with them they said the price on the 20" from them was $699 plus Columbus Ohio tax with free shipping. Well thats over $55 cheaper than I can do my own so I ordered it. Be a few weeks for the shipment but Im in no hurry.

Seems everyone has a new method to make dovetails. Has to be at least 7 or 8 different tools being sold throughout the show for dovetailing.

I would have bought more stuff if I hadnt wanted the DP. So much there! I went through the clamps a couple times before finally rejecting the temptation. So many I dont have.. it just isnt fair I tell you.

Kreg had a large booth setup with about everything they sell. Lee Valley, Craft Supplies, Dewalt, Peachtree, Woodpeckers and Bessey Clamps to name some.

Craft Supplies donated pen kits and blanks. There was a local turning club set up. You could turn your own pen and keep it. All free. I thought that was nice of them. People seemed to be enjoying themselves turning their first pen.

Not a bad afternoon for me anyway.

http://www.plumbersurplus.com/images/prod/5/DELTA-Machinery-20-950-rw-90897-155092.jpg

Keith Outten
01-17-2009, 5:45 AM
Rick,

I think I heard Chris Brown of Quality Grinding and Machine say that he was going to be at the Columbus Ohio show today (Saturday the 17th). If anyone goes today and Chris has his new router table on display make sure a get some pictures. i know that they are ready to beta test the new router table.

Matt Meiser
01-17-2009, 8:40 AM
If you are going to be in Columbus, don't miss the Woodwerks in-store show today. I seriously considered driving down to Columbus today, but need a day at home and LOML's work holiday party is this evening.