PDA

View Full Version : Trouble posting

Lisa Walter
01-16-2009, 8:26 PM
I tried to reply to a posting and it is giving me a message that I don't have sufficient access........anyone else having trouble?

Lisa

From Admin
We have been experiencing some problems with our Search function that may have caused some people to have problems posting. As we passed the one million posts mark it seems that the built-in search function is malfunctioning during heavy loads, Aaron has disabled the built-in search feature so everyone should use the Google Search until Aaron makes some adjustments in our software.

In the meantime, Aaron has disabled the "Automatic Similar Thread Search", which should address the problems people have been having when creating new threads.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-16-2009, 8:34 PM
I have not encountered the problem but I was wondering if it was something related to being a "contributor" versus "member". Not sure.

Kurt Strandberg
01-16-2009, 8:43 PM
I have not encountered the problem but I was wondering if it was something related to being a "contributor" versus "member". Not sure.

I would guess you are correct, she was most likely trying to respond to a classified add and not being a contributor was not allowed too

Lisa Walter
01-16-2009, 9:19 PM
Actually last I looked I WAS a contributor. In fact I contributed MORE than what was asked. I guess it must be time to contribute again and I didn't know about it. I answered some postings earlier and had no trouble and now all of the sudden I am a member???

Lisa Walter
01-16-2009, 9:19 PM
And NO I wasn't trying to respond to a classified add, I was trying to respond to Frank.

Lisa Walter
01-16-2009, 9:21 PM
And Kurt I would appreciate it if you don't talk about me like I am not reading these postings (I would guess you are correct, she was most likely trying to respond to a classified add and not being a contributor was not allowed too) . I have always been a contributor so I don't appreciate you talking like I am lurking here but not contributing. Thanks.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-16-2009, 9:54 PM
Hi Lisa,

It looks like your status is now back to contributor. I thought I had seen your name many times before. As valuable as this site is for me, I do not hesitate to donate. Glad to see you got it figured out and your able to post again. :)

Steve Clarkson
01-16-2009, 10:03 PM
I forgot my password.....no jokes please (who am I kidding? I wouldn't let somebody else off easy for that one!).....and I've tried to use the automatic password reminder like five times.......but the e-mail with my password never comes. Thankfully, when I send Keith a note, he took care of it.......but there is definitely a glitch with the automated system.

Lisa Walter
01-16-2009, 10:07 PM
I left some messages asking for help to figure out what happened. I am not sure if it was time for me to donate or what. I didn't get any messages or emails and I couldn't find anywhere in my profile that tells me what my expiration date is........the more postings I read, it seems like it's been happening to different people the last couple of months. I donated again anyway just in case it was time......I am just waiting to hear back from Jackie on what happened.

Lisa Walter
01-16-2009, 10:09 PM
I forgot my password.....no jokes please (who am I kidding? I wouldn't let somebody else off easy for that one!).....and I've tried to use the automatic password reminder like five times.......but the e-mail with my password never comes. Thankfully, when I send Keith a note, he took care of it.......but there is definitely a glitch with the automated system.

I don't think I could remember my password either. Maybe I could.... :)

Lisa

Stephen Beckham
01-17-2009, 6:36 AM
Lisa,

Maybe Frank has his 'Poster-ID' turned on and wasn't taking any Posts from you at that point - you know how guys are sometimes... :D

Seriously, if you couldn't see in your expiration date in your User CP area, you may have gotten stuck as a 'tweener' between the old system and the new system. I went through it for a couple days. Check it again and see if you can see your Expiration date now... Keith and his crew were apparently converting 20,000 users manually one at a time...

Ok - not serious again - Frankly (pun intended), if you're working again and you donated again - maybe Frank was ignoring you to get you to donate some more.... :eek:

Frank Corker
01-17-2009, 9:06 AM
Oi Steve, don't you start! I read these posts too you know.....:D

Kurt Strandberg
01-17-2009, 9:48 AM
And Kurt I would appreciate it if you don't talk about me like I am not reading these postings (I would guess you are correct, she was most likely trying to respond to a classified add and not being a contributor was not allowed too) . I have always been a contributor so I don't appreciate you talking like I am lurking here but not contributing. Thanks.

Lighten up a little, I'm just trying to help. Figure it out yourself next time :confused:

Lisa Walter
01-17-2009, 11:16 AM
Lighten up a little, I'm just trying to help. Figure it out yourself next time :confused:

Well maybe now you've learned it's really rude to talk about someone in the third person when they are here.

Thanks and have a great day

Lisa Walter
01-17-2009, 11:18 AM
Oi Steve, don't you start! I read these posts too you know.....:D

And I KNOW I am Frank's number one pain in the you know what. :D

hahaha!

Thanks for the help. I haven't heard anything yet but I am assuming I was probably one of the ones to get stuck in between. Of course I couldn't be stuck in between something better. And that's as far as I will go with that! My odds are wonderful when it comes to the bad stuff. When it comes to winning the lottery, HA!

Anthony Scira
01-17-2009, 11:22 AM
After reading I don't think Kurt meant anything rude about it.

Were all friends right :D

Doug Griffith
01-17-2009, 11:32 AM
This is cyberspace and none of us are here. 3rd person doesn't really apply.

John W. Love
01-17-2009, 1:32 PM
I started to talk about Steve in 3rd person the other day, but then thought. "What if another Steve actually appeared?" Could we handle that? I think not :p

Lisa Walter
01-17-2009, 6:35 PM
This is cyberspace and none of us are here. 3rd person doesn't really apply.

This is the last I am going to talk about this because I am not here to argue. When "I" start the post and someone has a smart comment to make but not to me, then I tend to think that is third person. I asked for some help, not a comment that I wasn't a contributor. It made me feel like I am here taking but not contributing. I love coming here and learning new things. I will do whatever I can to keep the sharing going.

Thanks! :)

Lisa

Larry Bratton
01-17-2009, 7:21 PM
Now now ..y'all play nice. We're all family here. Lots of stress these days.

Kurt Strandberg
01-17-2009, 8:16 PM
This is the last I am going to talk about this because I am not here to argue. When "I" start the post and someone has a smart comment to make but not to me, then I tend to think that is third person. I asked for some help, not a comment that I wasn't a contributor. It made me feel like I am here taking but not contributing. I love coming here and learning new things. I will do whatever I can to keep the sharing going.

Thanks! :)

Lisa

When I read the original message it said "member" under your name just like it does under my name, a little earlier I tried responding to a classified add and could not, I believe because I'm not a contributor, so I assumed, just like it seemed Mike did that was your problem.

I have reread it 5 times and I don't see a "smart comment" :confused:

Mike Null
01-18-2009, 6:41 AM
I believe the issue has been resolved so let's leave it at that.

Keith Outten
01-18-2009, 5:44 PM
We have been experiencing some problems with our Search function that may have caused some people to have problems posting. As we passed the one million posts mark it seems that the built-in search function is malfunctioning during heavy loads, Aaron has disabled the built-in search feature so everyone should use the Google Search until Aaron makes some adjustments in our software.

In the meantime, Aaron has disabled the "Automatic Similar Thread Search", which should address the problems people have been having when creating new threads.