PDA

View Full Version : Hello Creekers

Vic Harris
01-16-2009, 6:17 PM
Let me intruduce myself.
I found the forum about a month ago a nd let me say you people have impressed me. I come here about every evening after leaving my real job as a machinist in a tool shop. It has been my occupation for 43 years now. My wife daughter and I started an engraving busness nine years ago in a small comunity in south central Missouri. This forum is the most educational event that I have come across, thank you very much. I am pretty much a Xenetech fan as we run their rotary machine as well as two lasers. We have never made a product of our own, we are pretty well kept busy with walk in repetive costumers and schools, local industrial people and such but you people certianly have me thinking it is time I need to come up with a product. I could almost be considerd computer illeret as this paragraph has taken me a good 15 minutes to hammer out. Keep the info coming as I read a little bit faster.
Vic

Frank Corker
01-16-2009, 7:34 PM
Good for you Vic. Love it when someone is willing to try. Welcome to the Creek and we look forward to your posts.

Rob Russell
01-16-2009, 7:46 PM
Vic,

Welcome to SMC.

One of the things about SMC is that it's kept in check (moderated as a "family friendly forum") so your daughter can read the forums and you won't get embarrassed.

There are many helpful folks who will help you out big-time!

Rob

Dee Gallo
01-16-2009, 8:11 PM
Welcome, Vic ! I can tell you from my own experience here that not only will you be inspired by these people, but helped every step of the way with patience and kindness... and a lot of fun.

cheers, dee

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-16-2009, 8:38 PM
Welcome Vic!

SMC is such a great group of folks. It is amazing the number of times I've found an answer to a question just by using this forum's search feature. Incredible resource of information.

Cliff Patrick
01-16-2009, 8:48 PM
I would like to agree with Vic. I am also new on this forum and have very much enjoyed the information that I have came across. I just recently ventured into the laser engraving business with some friends and have found it very enjoyable. We have a Vy-tek 120 watt L-Star 4896. In a few weeks, they will be coming to install color heads on this machine. We also have 3 other pieces of equipment coming in that will compliment this machine. We will have the capability to do sandblasting as well with the new equipment. We have already done a few small jobs with the L-Star and are working on a major project with the local university for a 25 year anniversary on one of their buildings. Again, I would like to thank everyone for all of their information they have shared and posted on this forum. I am sure I will be posting/requesting in the near future for help as I continue to learn more and more about this endeavor.

Jack Harper
01-16-2009, 9:39 PM
I would like to agree with Vic. I am also new on this forum and have very much enjoyed the information that I have came across. I just recently ventured into the laser engraving business with some friends and have found it very enjoyable. We have a Vy-tek 120 watt L-Star 4896. In a few weeks, they will be coming to install color heads on this machine. We also have 3 other pieces of equipment coming in that will compliment this machine. We will have the capability to do sandblasting as well with the new equipment. We have already done a few small jobs with the L-Star and are working on a major project with the local university for a 25 year anniversary on one of their buildings. Again, I would like to thank everyone for all of their information they have shared and posted on this forum. I am sure I will be posting/requesting in the near future for help as I continue to learn more and more about this endeavor.

Cliff- What are color heads?

Anthony Welch
01-17-2009, 7:07 AM
Welcome the both of you. Sit down relax and enjoy yourselves.

Belinda Barfield
01-17-2009, 8:42 AM
Welcome Vic & Cliff! It's nice to have you here. I look forward to seeing your work.

Belinda Barfield
01-17-2009, 8:43 AM
Cliff- What are color heads?

I second this question. BTW Jack, like the new avatar.

Phyllis Meyer
01-17-2009, 2:17 PM
Greetings from Wisconsin! Best of luck to the both of you! This site is fantastic, the wealth of knowledge from the experts is awesome, and us new folks might have something to contribute now and then. Keep us posted on your progress, and happy reading!

Sincerely,
Phyllis:)

Mike Null
01-18-2009, 6:07 AM
Welcome Vic and Cliff.

Scott Perry
01-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Vic and Cliff....welcome to the creek. Lots of good folks here.