PDA

View Full Version : Huge File Transfers

Joe Pelonio
01-16-2009, 4:24 PM
I've discovered an interesting tool for transferring large files to/from customers, rather than using CD/DVDs or having e-mails fail because of the size. One of my customers sent me one via an ftp site called yousendit. It's free for up to 100MB files, 100 downloads per file, more than that you pay a monthly fee, and it works well.

Their site is yousendit dot com

They have a plugin for Corel X3 and some for other programs, haven't tried that yet.

Margaret Turco
01-16-2009, 5:26 PM
Thanks Joe! I have used cutesendit dot com in the past and it worked well too.

Thomas Bank
01-17-2009, 10:52 AM
Another one is swapdrive dot com

We use it on projects at the office so that consultants can coordinate. Basic service is $20 a month for 10Mb - which would probably be enough for a casual user. The "single user" just means that you have one password for the site - so controlled access for different people is not possible.

Mike Null
01-17-2009, 10:56 AM
There are some others which I've used to send files for my web site but I can't remember the names. I believe they were free.

Mike DeRegnaucourt
01-17-2009, 11:02 AM
I use MyOtherDrive dot com. They give you up to 5GB free. Also a great site for storing backups. You can also share your files with whomever you give permission too. Pretty cool and useful site.

Scott Shepherd
01-17-2009, 11:33 AM
I use filesanywhere.com. I pay a little for it each month, but it allows me to create dropboxes for my customers. They can then drop files in the dropbox at their leisure.

Seems to work fairly well.

I have also used the one Joe mentioned and had decent luck with that as well for transferring files.