PDA

View Full Version : Pro turner: Joe Wujcik

Tim Thomas
01-16-2009, 11:32 AM
I don't have a lathe myself, but I still enjoy browsing in the turner's forum here at the creek and seeing all of the great work that you guys produce. Last night I had the chance to actually watch a professional woodturner at my monthly woodworker's guild meeting. Joe Wujcik came and demonstrated his techniques for creating hollow forms. His website is below with lots of gallery pics.

http://www.josephwujcik.com/index.html

Joe was a great presenter and it was really cool to see him using some of the tools and techniques that I have read about on this forum. He is a really nice guy and was very willing to share everything he has learned.

Steve Schlumpf
01-16-2009, 1:20 PM
Tim - that must have been one heck of a demo! Wish I could have seen that! Thanks for posting the website! Already saved it for future reference as it is just filled with exceptional hollow forms! Appreciate it!

BILL DONAHUE
01-16-2009, 6:45 PM
Had the pleasure of meeting Joe at the Gulf Coast Arts Festival in Pensacola in November and he does fantastic work and is enjoyable to talk to.

Jeff Nicol
01-16-2009, 6:50 PM
I sent Joe an e-mail after looking at his web site. I was curious how he came up with the prices and if he was selling things. He replied and said that he started out like the rest of us and kept raising the prices until now one would buy them then adjusted them accordingly. He said the economy has hit him also.

So I would have to say a very nice fellow of high standards and class!

Jeff

Dewey Torres
01-17-2009, 1:56 AM
WOW... great website ... and the prices:eek: