PDA

View Full Version : "Weekend Doin's"

Karl Laustrup
01-16-2009, 9:20 AM
Friday January 16, 2009

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"!

I'm a little late this morning, but I have an excuse. I am just now able to get online. I think it was the cold temps that froze the cable. :rolleyes::eek:

-25º this morning. Thank goodness we don't have any wind right now, although it is supposed to get windy later today. It is also supposed to warm a bit to +6º later today. That will be the first we've seen above zero since early Wednesday morning.

Of course the weather precludes me from any work in the shop. My propane heater [45,000 BTU] won't even begin to bring the temp up enough to work in the shop, although the shop is a balmy +22º this morning. :rolleyes: So I will amuse myself with indoor stuff this weekend. Like watching the playoff games and the Barrett~Jackson auction.

I know it's cold down south also, so I'm guessing a lot of you will be finding other things to do this weekend. What will you be doing to pass the time this weekend?

Stay warm this weekend and as always please be SAFE.

Karl

Ken Fitzgerald
01-16-2009, 9:54 AM
You folks ought to live here in the mountains. A balmy 30ºF this morning with highs Sunday....pushing 50ºF.

Housework, clean the shop...watch a little football.

Sharon flew to Illinois and eventually got there. She flew from Lewiston to SLC to Tampa to Atlanta to Bloomington, IL yesterday. You might think she flew that way for the extra sky miles but...nope it was the cheapest ticket I could get her!:o She is visiting her Mom for 10 days.

With a little luck I might get to some turning this weekend.

JohnT Fitzgerald
01-16-2009, 10:03 AM
looking at getting some skating in with the kids - outdoor fire, some chairs, kids skating, and some drinks to help keep me warm :)

maybe clean up my shop - it's been turned upside down because of a lot of other stuff that's been going on.

Matt Meiser
01-16-2009, 12:45 PM
Flying home today after a 10 day two city business trip. Hopefully getting some time in on the entertainment center and lots of family time.

Rod Sheridan
01-16-2009, 1:02 PM
Flying home today after a 10 day two city business trip. Hopefully getting some time in on the entertainment center and lots of family time.

Isn't work fun Matt?

When my children were younger, they always thought that I was away on vacation when I was on a business trip.

Years later when they were old enough to let loose in distant cities, I'd take one of them on a trip. Afterwards they understood how much work it is to be away from home, working extra long hours to get everything done.

Hope you have a relaxing, productive weekend.

I hope to help Michelle glue up the top to her desk.

regards, Rod.

Jim Becker
01-16-2009, 1:21 PM
My weekend doings will likely consist of trying to stay warm during our equestrian activities and trying to stay warm in my shop. I may be forced to watch the Eagles game on Sunday in that respect...

Rick Bengel
01-17-2009, 12:05 PM
Well, the first thing I'm going to try and do is bring my shop up to a temperature I can actually work in!!:eek: It's a little bit chilly up here in Michigan, although, thanks to Lake Michigan, we're a little warmer than over on the other side of the pond! On the other hand, thanks to Lake Michigan, we've had more snow here over the last 2 winters than I can remember in a long time. After getting the shop heated up(probably take a good 4 hours!), I'll be working on building a bathroom cabinet for my daughter's bathroom. With the holiday on Monday, I should be able to get at least a couple good days in the shop.

Have a good weekend all!

David G Baker
01-17-2009, 12:18 PM
I am sitting at my computer looking at the outdoor thermometer that says +7 degrees and out the window at close to a blizzard snow fall wondering whether I should plow the drive today or wait until tomorrow morning. :(