PDA

View Full Version : Table saw dreaming

Rick Potter
01-16-2009, 3:19 AM
I am having this dream about my ultimate table saw. It will have the Sawstop technology, with a great riving knife which is adjustable for height, so you can use it for non through cuts. It will also have a sliding table AND stacked dado capability. Lets add a scoring blade too, with a 30" Beisemier fence, and a butcher block table, with a woodworkers vise on the end.

Under the table will be a set of drawers for blades, and jigs, and on top of the table will be an easily adjustable and removeable clear blade guard with dust collection. Also under the table the blade will be enclosed with a fully functional dust collector setup including a helper fan on the blade arbor.

A built in table extension, and retractable casters would top it off. These could also adjust the height of the saw for different size users. Oh yeah, did I mention the variable speed?

Price? Who cares....it's just a dream anyway.

Did I miss anything?

Rick Potter

EDIT: Wait, I just changed my mind....lets drop the drawers under the table, and include a self contained dust collection system with a small cyclone and a drawer where the sawdust goes to be emptied. Might need to go to a 50" fence for that.

Mike Heidrick
01-16-2009, 3:35 AM
http://mysite.verizon.net/resoh894/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/mastrslide5.jpg

Brian Peters
01-16-2009, 7:07 AM
wow now that's a great setup! :cool:

Brian Frances
01-26-2009, 11:07 PM
wow now that's a great setup! :cool:

Mike,
Where did you get your dust cover set-up over the blade?