PDA

View Full Version : Griggio Combination machine????

Kevin Glenn
01-16-2009, 2:05 AM
Does anybody have any information or knowledge about GRIGGIO (an Italian mfr. of woodworking machinery) combination machines? How they stack up quality wise vs. other better known brands such as felder, hammer, rojek, laguna, minimax etc. Specifically the GRIGGIO c415?

:confused::confused::confused:

Thanks. I may have an opportunity to purchase one but don't know much about them and haven't been able to find out much about either Griggio generally or about this particular machine.

Steve Rozmiarek
01-16-2009, 2:30 AM
Kevin, I don't know mch about the Griggio brand, so I googled. There seems to be two distinctly different machines claiming to be a C415. One looks ok, the other looks like crud. Do you have a photo by chance? A while back I was shopping for a slot mortiser, and the Griggio brand kept coming up from the guys who do this for a living. One of them probably has the answer.

Thomas S Stockton
01-16-2009, 11:25 AM
I have one of their jointers and it is a really nice tool. Laguna tools sells the jointers with their own labels on them and Andreou machinery also carries Griggio tools so you might want to check them out.
www.griggio.com is the companies web site. Their combo machines look a lot like some of the Rojeks in fact when I bought my Rojek sliding table saw I was told that the slider was made by Griggio. I just wish the tablesaw was as sweet as the jointer.
Tom

Kevin Glenn
01-16-2009, 1:03 PM
Thanks for the input guys. Yeah, in my own searches I kept on finding people praising their slot mortisers but very little about the combo machines.