PDA

View Full Version : A Peppermill and ...

Ted Calver
01-15-2009, 7:26 PM
toothpick holder from the holiday shop time turning frenzy.
The mill is about 12.5" tall and uses the crush grind mechanism with the metal shaft. The top is laminated purpleheart and bloodwood and the body is spalted maple with a bit of burl mixed in. Finish is 5 coats of waterlox, buffed out on the beal wheels with a renaissance wax final buff. The toothpick holder is from a pattern in Wood Magazine(?) last year. Bubinga body and top with a walnut finial, watco'd and buffed. It was "reserved" for home use by the missus, but the mill made it out the door and now lives with a happy new owner. Thanks for looking :)

Toney Robertson
01-15-2009, 7:36 PM
I like both pieces.

If the little lady put a reserve on the tooth pick holder and it made it out the door you are one BRAVE man. :D

Toney

Bill Bolen
01-15-2009, 8:01 PM
Both pieces are pretty cool! I really like the acorn finial on the tooth pick holder..Bill..

Bernie Weishapl
01-15-2009, 8:03 PM
Those look great Ted. I can see why she jumped on the toothpick holder.

Dewey Torres
01-15-2009, 8:04 PM
I remember that WM article. Nice work. I like the TP holder on the right best.

Bob Vavricka
01-15-2009, 8:09 PM
Ted,
Nice mill and toothpick holder. I'll have to check my back issues of Wood for the pattern--I really like it.
Bob

Steve Schlumpf
01-15-2009, 9:13 PM
Nice work on both Ted! Great looking spalted maple! Love the toothpick holder! Surprised at how well the two woods match!

Peter Lamb
01-15-2009, 9:55 PM
If the boss put a hold on it and you let it go you are truly brave!! Both the design and execution areexcellant. They should sell anywhere!
Peter L