PDA

View Full Version : Omniplus lasers

Brett Carlson
01-15-2009, 6:00 PM
Has anyone heard or have any experience with the Omniplus line? I see it advertised on the web, but don't see a state-side reseller, only the company website from Australia. These machines are priced very low comparable to others in the Trotec, Universal or Epilog line. I just wonder if it is worth the bargain. Any input would be great.

Frank Corker
01-16-2009, 5:57 AM
Brett, rather than leave you with no answer at all, I went online and looked for Omniplus and lasers. It seems to me that they do mainly factory stuff and medical. I am not aware of them doing small machines and I never found a site showing one of them.

Matt Gibb
01-21-2009, 6:36 PM
G'day Brett,
I have an Omnisign Pro 200 which I got for AU$3000 off ebay.
This machine is identical to the Rabbit HX40A. 40w laser. I have had mine for a year and it is still going strong.
Have a look at the rabbit website for details. Just be careful, the HX40A states that its engraving area is 220mm x 200mm. I can't get mine to engrave those dimensions, I can only get about 100mm x 120mm (which is O.K for me, but I would like to be able to engrave the full table size). If you have a look at other posts James Jaragosky has a HX3040. Maybe you could get in touch with him and ask his opinion.
Matt