View Full Version : Router Bit Storage in Router Table Question

Stephen Edwards
01-15-2009, 1:23 PM
Someone recently posted photos of their shop built router table with (I think) a drawer for the bits that I really liked. When you opened the drawer the bits were stored on like 3 stacked "shelves" on the right side and was open on the left side. For the life of me I can't find that thread now.

If anyone can direct me to that thread, or any other threads for storing router bits in tall, narrow space built into a router table I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Anthony Whitesell
01-16-2009, 7:46 AM
Here's one option:

http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=100771

I know a second option is out there where it is mounted on hiding door slides from a entertainment center. Where on an entertainment center you would pull out the doors and then push them in to hide them. The same slides were used where the drawer was in and when you pulled it out it would pivot to swing towards the router table.

Stephen Edwards
01-16-2009, 10:15 AM
Thanks Anthony. That's the one I was looking for. The photos on Ted Shrader's post show the concept I have in mind. Thanks again!

Ted Shrader
01-16-2009, 1:12 PM
Thanks Anthony. That's the one I was looking for. The photos on Ted Shrader's post show the concept I have in mind. Thanks again!Stephen -

If you need any more info shoot me a PM.

Regards,
Ted