PDA

View Full Version : You might be a redneck if....

Chuck Stewart
01-15-2009, 11:21 AM
I'm hoping none of my neighbors have cameras because yes, I did water down my snowpiles yesterday. In case I do end up in one of those redneck pictures, here is my explanation. When I woke up Wednesday morning here in Illinois I had about six inches of snow covering my back deck which includes an upper deck where my hot tub is located. After shoveling some of the lightest snow this year (no moisture) I ended up with two huge piles off the side of the deck.I then checked the tub and saw it was down an inch or so on water and needed a filter wash. I have a hot water line hooked directly to the water heater with a shutoff valve at the heater for this purpose. While cleaning the filter I start thinking about the high winds and subzero temperatures they were calling for Wednesday night and beings my back yard seems to be a wind tunnel for the entire block, and since I have the hose running anyway, why not water down those piles and save myself from shoveling again tommorrow!! So please remember this story if you see that picture in "You might be a redneck if"....:D

David G Baker
01-15-2009, 1:30 PM
Chuck,
I might be a Redneck and may make YouTube. I let the snow build up on my deck until it was close to 4 feet deep. I put a ramp on the steps and ran my snow thrower up the ramps and used it to clear the deck. Worked great but I imagine that it made quite an entertaining picture for the neighbors.

Larry Browning
01-15-2009, 1:52 PM
So, Chuck and David, I was completely unaware that your 2 methods of snow removal would be considered rednecky. Here in Arkansas those 2 methods would seem pretty much like Yankee ingenuity. Now if you were watering down that snow pile and turning it yellow, THAT would be a different story:eek:

JohnT Fitzgerald
01-15-2009, 1:55 PM
Can't say I've ever melted snow off my deck.....but I have used my snowblower to clear my deck. I also used to snowblow an area for the dogs to go outside...paths from the house and deck to the shed.....and I also snowblow all the snow I can into one big pile so the kids can start on it when they go sledding - just for that extra "boost".

David G Baker
01-15-2009, 2:01 PM
Larry,
Haven't written my name in snow since I was a kid. :D

Bill Keehn
01-15-2009, 2:09 PM
Ok, you might be a redneck if have a deck and hot tub attached to your mobile home.

You might be a redneck if you don't clear the snow off your driveway because it's more fun to to see if your truck can drive through it.
http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/for/988895182.html

You are definitely a redneck if you throw a hot-tub kegger and let your friends water the snow piles for you.

Bruce Page
01-15-2009, 2:16 PM
You go to a stock car race and you don't need a program.
(Jeff Foxworthy)

whit richardson
01-15-2009, 2:38 PM
Here's the one!

Brian Brown
01-15-2009, 2:58 PM
You might be a redneck if you don't clear the snow off your driveway because it's more fun to to see if your truck can drive through it.
http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/for/988895182.html

Hey, Hey, Hey, I resemble that remark! :D

Paul Brinkmeyer
01-15-2009, 3:20 PM
Now THAT snowblower looks like FUN!!

Bill Keehn
01-15-2009, 3:23 PM
Geez.. Idaho? Why not ride your horse instead? :D