PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Leigh D4R: Question...

Sean Rainaldi
01-15-2009, 9:30 AM
Any D4R owners, on my unit, the 2 steel bars on which guide finger are mounted, the narrow bar is 5/8" shorter than the wide bar. Is this the way it's supposed to be? Or are they supposed to be the same length?

Greg Sznajdruk
01-15-2009, 9:52 AM
Not in my shop but in the manual there is an 800 number, they will answer your question. When I got mine the fingers didn't slide after loosening the screw. I felt a little foolish but called and a very helpful fellow told me to press down on the screw and you will hear a pop then the fingers move freely.

Greg

Dave Bureau
01-15-2009, 10:01 AM
just looked at mine and would have to take it apart to tell. better to call the 800#. If everything goes together ok I wouldnt worry about it.

Sean Rainaldi
01-15-2009, 1:21 PM
Just checked. It's supposed to be shorter.

Al Navas
01-15-2009, 2:19 PM
Sean,

On the fingers: Make sure to not over-tighten them. Also, place your hand on the finger, with slight downward pressure, and then tighten the screw. This will ensure you have repeatable results every time. And make sure that the finger assembly is slightly elevated, and not resting on any workpiece, or on the board under the finger assembly. These simple things really make a difference on how repeatable your results are. After cutting a few dovetails, ALL of this will be second nature. :cool:

Sean Rainaldi
01-15-2009, 4:22 PM
Thanks for advice Al.

Al Navas
01-15-2009, 6:36 PM
Sean,

I forgot: CONGRATULATIONS ON THE D4R!!!