PDA

View Full Version : Little Help Needed Please

Carl Wellman
01-14-2009, 12:58 AM
I have a pinnacle M30 Laser purchased from signwarehouse and it was delivered on January 6, 2009. Very excited to get it and I purchased the Sample Pack from Laserbuzz to try to jump start on my engraving business with the least amount of brain power from myself (ha ha). I have purchased Corel V12 and thought I was ready to go, however, I am having a little trouble.

Using the templete from laserbuzz in corel looks great on the computer screen. When I sent it to the laser the first time it rastered the letters and the stars and cut out only the two outer circles, so I watched the instructional video on the CD again and then I called Tom and asked him a few questions and he stated that all of the templates are vector cuts and I should turn off raster. Made the changes and now none of the letters print out and only about half of the red line designs are engraving and also about half of the black line cuts are cutting.

I have a VERY limited knowledge in Corel Draw as the signwarehouse people do not support Corel Draw and send Laser Magic with their products. I think :rolleyes: that it is a very simple setting that I need to change, but I have went through a lot of stock trying to experiement and have not found the correct setting as of yet.

If anyone has any ideas, I would very much appreciate the nudge in the right direction. Tom at laserbuzz has been great, just hate to wear out my welcome so soon.

Roy Nicholson
01-14-2009, 5:48 AM
Then try using the exported HPGL file in your Laser Software...

That's what I have to do with mine as it won't accept the Corel files.

Regards

Roy N.

Rodne Gold
01-14-2009, 8:01 AM
The issues are probably related to line widths and colours.
You need to use the proper Corel colour palette (turn off any colour management in corel)and to set any line you want vector cut to hairline or less width and to the correct colour
If you want something rastered , you need to fill it and make sure it has no outline.

Steve Clarkson
01-14-2009, 8:07 AM
Using the templete from laserbuzz in corel looks great on the computer screen. When I sent it to the laser the first time it rastered the letters and the stars and cut out only the two outer circles, so I watched the instructional video on the CD again and then I called Tom and asked him a few questions and he stated that all of the templates are vector cuts and I should turn off raster. Made the changes and now none of the letters print out and only about half of the red line designs are engraving and also about half of the black line cuts are cutting.

Carl, welcome to the Creek!

I had a LaserBuzz design that did the same exact thing......the problem was the line width and color......double check EVERY LINE to make sure it is a hairline and/or black (or whatever they should be on your machine to raster/cut. Some of the lines on my pattern were a dark blue instead of black.

Let us know how it goes.

Carl Wellman
01-14-2009, 5:44 PM
Guys, thanks for the response. I have been on Jury duty and have been gone all day. I will try your suggestions and let you know as soon as I can.

Carl

Carl Wellman
01-31-2009, 9:24 AM
I would like to thank every one for their recommendations as they were very usefull. After a rather large learning curve on my part everything is cutting perfectly. A big Thank You goes out to Tom at Laser Buzz for all of his help as well. As it turns out, my laser would skip some lines that were set as hairline, so the fix was to set everything less than hairline.