PDA

View Full Version : Hardwood Landing layout

ravi patel
01-13-2009, 11:12 PM
Hi,
Need help with landing install. What are the options for layout of 3/4x3" hardwood on the yellow landing ? Should i go diagonal, horizontal or vertical ?The rooms are carpeted and have no plan for hardwood there. thanks

Sonny Edmonds
01-14-2009, 12:23 AM
Well, you could do anything you want.
I'd go vertical by your posted picture because it would look best with the longest part. Simply stated.;)

Joe Chritz
01-14-2009, 12:27 AM
Since it is small (running diagonal is more work since the power staplers can't get the corners) I would run diagonal. Maybe meeting at the point and going in opposite directions.

Take some shorts and lay them out and get a feel for what looks good.

Normally things look better running in the direction of the longest part if running on the straight.

Joe

ravi patel
01-14-2009, 4:06 PM
Since it is small (running diagonal is more work since the power staplers can't get the corners) I would run diagonal. Maybe meeting at the point and going in opposite directions.

Take some shorts and lay them out and get a feel for what looks good.

Normally things look better running in the direction of the longest part if running on the straight.

Joe

would herringbone look good...meaning getting that herringbone step look as below? would the joist direction be of concern in this setup ?

BTW, the joist are parallel to the longest side of the passage. i.e perpendicular to the treads.