PDA

View Full Version : Can you work this small?

Dave Lehnert
01-13-2009, 9:26 PM
No 3 bay workshop full of tools needed.

http://www.guzer.com/videos/needle-art.php

Ben Martin
01-13-2009, 9:31 PM
I have seen that one before, pretty amazing. Although I couldn't imagine paying $300k for something that could just disappear and it takes a microscope to appreciate...

Peter Quinn
01-13-2009, 9:41 PM
To answer your question, no, I cannot. Wow.

Kelly C. Hanna
01-13-2009, 11:22 PM
Wow....headache city! I can't even use a scroll saw!

Sonny Edmonds
01-13-2009, 11:33 PM
Incredible! :eek:
Amazing! :eek:

Sold! For a mire 20 million dollars. :eek:
Not bad for a guy who can't read or write. :cool:

Ken Fitzgerald
01-13-2009, 11:41 PM
I drink too much coffee to be doing that IF I HAD THE TALENT AND THE PATIENCE!

Bill Huber
01-13-2009, 11:47 PM
That is really something, I can't even thread a needle let alone do something like that.

I have seen people write names on grains of rice and that I thought was something but this is just unreal.

Brian Effinger
01-13-2009, 11:59 PM
I saw that when it first aired a year or two ago. Absolutely amazing. It just goes to show, all you need is talent and determination to make it. He can't read or write, but he is a multi-millionaire. Truly amazing.

Dewey Torres
01-14-2009, 12:25 AM
I wonder what his final profit margin was on material vs "sold for" price. A grain of sand and an eye lash has to be cheaper than a board ft of mahogany right?:p

Rick Fisher
01-14-2009, 4:08 AM
That fella should have been a surgeon. He would have been fantastic.

Jason White
01-14-2009, 7:50 AM
That's about how big my shop is!
;)

No 3 bay workshop full of tools needed.

http://www.guzer.com/videos/needle-art.php

Todd Crawford
01-14-2009, 8:30 AM
" That fella should have been a surgeon. He would have been fantastic. "

I don't know.... I would like for my surheon to be able to read. The writing part probably isn't as important, but I would sure want him to be able to read.

I think he has found his calling.

Jim Kountz
01-14-2009, 8:40 AM
I drink too much coffee to be doing that IF I HAD THE TALENT AND THE PATIENCE!

Exactly what I was thinking Ken, I shake too much for that!! Incredible stuff there.

M. A. Espinoza
01-14-2009, 3:46 PM
That is mind-blowing.

I saw it yesterday and this morning during coffee I thought I had been duped. So checked it out on Snopes and it is apparently true despite me not believing my own eyes.

One of the coolest things I've seen on the web.

Larry Fox
01-14-2009, 3:57 PM
While certainly amazing for what it is, that - in my opinion - is a cry for help.

Brian Effinger
01-14-2009, 4:32 PM
While certainly amazing for what it is, that - in my opinion - is a cry for help.
Everyone's got to have a hobby. :)

M. A. Espinoza
01-14-2009, 6:57 PM

You did hear the part where he sold his collection for 20 million? Pounds or dollars thats not bad.

By his own admittance he has a severe learning disability and found a way to cope.

Funny to hear woodworkers critique obsession with detail. :)

Chris Padilla
01-14-2009, 7:13 PM
PDC - Pretty Darn Cool!

When the video first started, I thought it was going to be the guy who painted masterpieces on the heads of pins. He, too, sold them for lots of money. He used single hairs from various mammals as his paintbrushes.

I think I'll go into microwoodworking...it is all over the floor of my shop right now! ;)

Larry Fox
01-14-2009, 8:42 PM
You did hear the part where he sold his collection for 20 million? Pounds or dollars thats not bad.

By his own admittance he has a severe learning disability and found a way to cope.

Funny to hear woodworkers critique obsession with detail. :)

Guys - my comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. I should have included the smiley. :D

M. A. Espinoza
01-14-2009, 11:28 PM
Guys - my comment was very much tongue-in-cheek. I should have included the smiley. :D

Yeah, without the smile I thought you were being serious.

Thats the problem with dry humor on the web, I don't know how British manage.