PDA

View Full Version : Quality laser engraver under $7500 ?

Thomas Ashcraft
01-13-2009, 6:17 PM
Greetings engravers.

I am wondering if there is a quality laser engraving machine that is intermediate in price between the Chinese machines on eBay ( $1600. USD) and something like the Pinnacle V-Series 12 watt that costs around $7500. USD. ? Can you get a precision machine for less than $7,500 ?

My application would be small acrylic engravings and personal studio work. Not high volume. But precision is important.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Also, I have read about the Chinese machines in the various archive threads. They sound good if you get a good one but it appears that some do not work well new and out of the box. I'm not sure if I want to problem solve a new machine from the outset, yet I know the Chinese machines have their defenders and I appreciate the reviews in the archives. Very helpful!

Thomas Ashcraft
New Mexico

Steve Clarkson
01-13-2009, 6:30 PM
Tom,

Welcome! I know Epilog has the Zing, but I think that's closer to the $7500 figure. I really don't think that you can get a NEW laser between that range......but how about a USED one? I bet if you shopped around you could find a good, qulaity, American-made one sooner or later.

The other thought is to sub out the work initially to see if it's profitable, especially since it's not high volume. There are tons of people on here who would be happy to do it for you at a reasonable price.

Good Luck!

Mike Mackenzie
01-13-2009, 6:34 PM
Thomas,

I have a customer in New Mexico who has health problems and will be retiring he has a very good system that he wants to sell. send me a PM and I will get you the details.