PDA

View Full Version : BORG Story and tool gloat

Mark Uhlenkamp
01-12-2009, 8:37 PM
I stopped at a BORG In need of another router. I needed at least a 2hp with a fixed base for my router table. Preferably a Porter Cable 890 or Dewalt dw618 since I already have these models. I found a PC 892 on the shelf great I thought. Then I noticed the package had been opened and taped together. Not detoured yet, I took the package to the check out stand. I showed the clerk the tape and stated, "I would like to open the package before I purchased the it, and inspect the contents". She agreed, cut the tape and opened the package. Much to my dismay the package contained a Ryobi router with no accessories. The clerk was shocked
and called a manager. We explained to the manager the problem. The manager ran an invertory check and found that they only had one left, the display model. Long story short the display only had a 1/4 inch collet and no wrenches. The department manager did not even want to sell the display with out all the accessories. I told him that I could order the missing componets myself and, that I really needed "this" router. He looked confused for a second and offered it to me for $60.00 off. I took him up the offer and brought it home. I ordered a 1/2" collet for $15.00 (with shipping) and will use my wrenches from my other PC 890. $190 - $60 + $15 = $145 bargin. Life can be so sweet.:D

Jim Nardi
01-12-2009, 8:53 PM
So did you end up with a Ryobi router for 145$?

Mark Uhlenkamp
01-12-2009, 8:58 PM
So did you end up with a Ryobi router for 145$?

No the PC 892

Jude Tuliszewski
01-12-2009, 10:54 PM
Yes it is sweet when life throughs you a good deal.

Dewey Torres
01-13-2009, 1:11 AM
Consider yourself lucky. These things don't happen often ya know.

Jim Sears
01-13-2009, 5:24 AM
It's just a good thing you opened the box before you bought it and took it home. Imagine trying to convince them that it was a Ryobi in the box instead of a PC when you tried to return it?

Dan Gill
01-13-2009, 10:37 AM
Sounds like somebody did a switch and returned a Ryobi instead of a PC.

Matt Day
01-13-2009, 12:08 PM
Sounds like the guy who got the PC router for the price of a Ryobi got the real deal! But that guy is also really a thief who has it coming.