PDA

View Full Version : Hitachi C12LSH

Jeff Willard
01-12-2009, 1:31 PM
Thinking about springing for a new SCMS. I'm leaning toward the Hitachi as opposed to the DeWalt 718. My only concern is the Hitachi only has one slide, versus two on the DeWalt. Has anybody had any issues in regards to deflection of the head, with a single slide arrangement?

Mike Heidrick
01-12-2009, 2:05 PM
Two slides on the C12LSH - just verticle instead of horizontal. It works great.

You miss out on the cool LED light option on the 718 though. I love my 717 10" Dewalt with that LED light. May like it more than my C12LSH.

Jeff Willard
01-12-2009, 4:24 PM
Two slides on the C12LSH - just verticle instead of horizontal.

Guess I need to learn to look up and down, instead of just left and right. In case a piano is falling out of the sky, or sumpin:eek:.

Keith Beck
01-12-2009, 6:37 PM
I've got one and have been very happy with it. It was on the money right out of the box and haven't had any issues with head deflection. I especially love that it can be set up to require no extra room behind, which is a common issue with sliders.

Keith

Jeff Willard
01-12-2009, 6:52 PM
Yeah, I just went back to Lowe's and pulled the trigger on the Hitachi. After discovering that there are two slides, my concerns about deflection faded. The only other thing was the crosscut capacity-3 3/4" more with the DeWalt. For a savings of $90, and the additional 2 yrs. on the warranty, and the other gee-whizzers (L.E.D. readout!:eek:), I decided to just deal with the reduced capacity. I don't think it will be an issue anyway, if it becomes one, I have a 66 that can deal with it.

Mike Heidrick
01-12-2009, 7:24 PM
Congrats! You will love it. Chopmaster time!