PDA

View Full Version : Work in Progress

Raymond Overman
01-12-2009, 11:40 AM
Someone asked about some WIP pictures when I posted my last guitar.

My oldest daughter had been after me to make her a guitar since the first one I built. Well, I found one of those tuits (the round kind) last night and got started. This is a work in progress and when I finish it, I'll post the results.

The pics are of the deconstructed instrument and the dry fit test. I'll remove the blue tape before I give it to her. :cool:

It has a cherry face, walnut back and neck, and a purpleheart fret board. I probably won’t fret it but figured it would help not have such a high action. The hole is for the bridge and I’ll probably put a piezo pickup in it just for fun. Just the right size for a five year old. Two strings should keep her busy for a while.

Comments, questions, critiques are appreciated.

Radek Kowalski
01-12-2009, 1:04 PM
WOW. That looks great already. I can't wait to get started on mine now. Keep the pictures coming!

Jeff Nicol
01-12-2009, 5:40 PM
I had a bowl listed on e-bay a year or so ago and the guy bought it for just that reason! He sent me a note after he got it that his wife said it was way to pretty to turn into a dumb guitar! He did it anyway!

They look real cool!

Jeff

pete ryalls
01-12-2009, 6:16 PM
ever since I saw the first post on your guitar I've been reading about cigar-box guitars and cookie tin banjo's

I just have to try to make one

thanks and keep the pics coming

Steve Schlumpf
01-12-2009, 11:12 PM
Raymond - thanks for the photos! Looks like it will be a real beauty! Is your daughter helping with the project? I can see where that would be a lot of fun!

Bernie Weishapl
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Nice photo's Raymond. Thanks for sharing.

pete ryalls
01-28-2009, 11:04 PM
this is my banjo that I made after seeing your posts

spent $12 on the tuner screws plus $6 for the strings

sounds pretty good all I've got to do now is learn how to play

thanks for the inspiration to build a banjo

Pete