PDA

View Full Version : Double pre-gloat

Eric Gustafson
01-12-2009, 11:37 AM
I finally got my garage to the point I can add some equipment. So I bit the bullet and laid down the green for green! :)

Last Friday I ordered the new Grizzly bandsaw (G0514X2B) w/magnetic brake and table saw (G0690) w/riving knife. While I wouldn't argue with the good logic of the SawStop, I felt I couldn't beat this value and can get both saws for the price of the SS. The Grizzly bandsaws have reveiwed well with creekers who have them. I guess I am sticking my neck out a little with the TS as no one has this model, yet. But based on those who have other Grizzly TS's I am not worried.

I will post pics and review as the equipment comes in...

http://www.grizzly.com/images/pics/jpeg500/g/g0690.jpg
http://grizzly.com/images/pics/jpeg288/g/g0514x2b.jpg (http://www.grizzly.com/products/G0514X2B/images/0)

Brian Kent
01-12-2009, 1:03 PM
Congratulations, Eric. I think you made fantastic choices. I have one step down of both and I'm satisfied. The riving knife and the brake are the two features I would see as really worthwhile.

Don Bullock
01-12-2009, 2:23 PM
Eric, congratulations on your new saws.

Eric Gustafson
01-12-2009, 2:29 PM
Congratulations, Eric. I think you made fantastic choices. I have one step down of both and I'm satisfied. The riving knife and the brake are the two features I would see as really worthwhile.

Thanks Brian. I will have to wait for the TS, as Grizzly does not have them in stock until the end of the month. Having worked in manufacturing all my life, I won't hold my breath. But the BS is on the way! :)

Jim O'Dell
01-12-2009, 7:36 PM
Congrats on the order, Eric. I am very anxious to see your impression of the G0690. I'm thinking the G0691 will be the one I go with if I buy new. Can't beat them for the price and features. So when you get 'em in, don't forget about us 'cause your playing with your new saws. I for one want a detailed report....expecially on the 690. Jim.

Jason Hanko
01-12-2009, 11:23 PM
Congrats on the order, Eric. I am very anxious to see your impression of the G0690. I'm thinking the G0691 will be the one I go with if I buy new. Can't beat them for the price and features. So when you get 'em in, don't forget about us 'cause your playing with your new saws. I for one want a detailed report....expecially on the 690. Jim.

Wow Eric, great additions. Ditto on Jim's comments...cant wait to hear the reviews on the new TS.

Dave Lehnert
01-12-2009, 11:33 PM
I was looking at that table saw in the catalog. Looks to be a great value. Much less than a JET or the like.
I will be very interested in your bandsaw review. I am looking at the 0513x2 but most interested in the new motor brake.
I use a Shopsmith and liked the riving knife a lot. Miss that on my older JET cabinet saw.

http://www.threadbombing.com/data/media/15/bill%20murray%20you%20suck.jpg

Rob Cooper
01-20-2009, 7:54 PM
Two good choices. I am with you on the sawstop vs. the two machines decision. I am considering the G090 as well. Features look great on paper and it is ~100lbs heavier than the 1023. Very interesting! Please post a review.

Congrats!

David Christopher
01-20-2009, 8:06 PM
Eric, congrats on the new saws. I have a fair amount of grizzly tools and pleased with every one of them. I hope you are as satisified with yours

Bob Rufener
01-20-2009, 8:09 PM
Those saws should give you a lifetime of happiness.

John Keeton
01-20-2009, 9:12 PM
Congratulations!! Those are some nice toys. I have the little Grizzly cubs to your PaPa bears (1023 and 513x2) and love them. The brake on the BS would be nice. When I turn mine off, seems like the wheels continue to spin for another 2 or 3 minutes. I guess that is a good thing as it means there isn't much friction, but it can get annoying.

Paul Steiner
01-20-2009, 9:44 PM
Congrats on the machines. I would also like to hear about the performance of the bandsaw.

Scott Wigginton
01-21-2009, 7:40 AM
The Grizzly bandsaws have reveiwed well with creekers who have them. I guess I am sticking my neck out a little with the TS as no one has this model, yet.

Two great scores, and thanks for signing up to be the guinea pig :D

Can't wait for your reviews.