PDA

View Full Version : Darwin contender-Is this guy really welding a gas tank?

Bruce Page
06-23-2004, 7:04 PM
Unbelievable

Todd Burch
06-23-2004, 7:19 PM
I'd have to say he working on his muffler. However, the use of 4x4s is quite unique!

Bruce Page
06-23-2004, 7:27 PM
I'd have to say he working on his muffler. However, the use of 4x4s is quite unique!Boy, I hope you're right Todd. Otherwise, the thing could blow up and fall on him! :D :eek: :D

Tim Morton
06-23-2004, 7:51 PM
....and for "safety" he chocked the rear wheel :eek:

John Payton
06-23-2004, 10:13 PM
New to the Sawcreek forums - been lurking a few days now - but gazing at this picture and wondering how he got that truck up high enough to get those 4x4's under there like that..??

Bruce Page
06-23-2004, 10:22 PM
New to the Sawcreek forums - been lurking a few days now - but gazing at this picture and wondering how he got that truck up high enough to get those 4x4's under there like that..??John, welcome to the Creek

Bruce Shiverdecker
06-24-2004, 2:07 AM
I may be blind, but I do believe that he may be brazing a gas tank seam, B_U_T it could be a muffler. That said, if the tank is completely full, there is little danger. I know it sounds crazy, but it's the fumes that explode------when mixed in the right proportions to air. I wouldn't do it, but have seen this done before----------------from a distance (like OUTSIDE the shop), with no fatal effects.

Gary Whitt
06-24-2004, 8:29 AM
Glad he upgraded to 4x4's. :D
Word is his brother used 2x4's and was killed when the 2x4's he was using broke.
Of course this was after the vehicle began to roll because he forgot to use chocks. :cool:
Glad to see his brother is chocking the wheel with his foot to keep the vehicle from moving and perhaps breaking the 4x4's causing the vehicle to fall on him and crush him. :rolleyes:

nic obie
06-25-2004, 2:05 PM
I've welded a empty gas tank before.

The trick is to pipe exhaust from another vehicle thru the tank while welding on it.