Jim Barrett
01-11-2009, 10:11 PM
Bought to you by the Wood Whisperer:
http://thewoodwhisperer.com/77-david-marks-shop-tour/

Enjoy!

Jim

Ben Martin
01-11-2009, 11:12 PM
Great video! More in depth than the shop tour from Wood Works.

Dewey Torres
01-12-2009, 1:56 AM
Yep I saw that ... Big fan!

Sonny Edmonds
01-12-2009, 2:17 AM
Whenever I see an episode coming on I'll stop and watch it.
The show that isn't a half hour commercial! :)

Tim Malyszko
01-12-2009, 9:33 AM
That was fun to watch. I've taken one class with him and he is such a great guy - one of the nicest people I've ever met.

Thanks for posting.

Mitchell Andrus
01-12-2009, 10:22 AM
Glad to see his shop is as cluttered as mine.

I smiled when he pulled a cardboard box of 'stuff' out of his router table cabinet.

Pat Germain
01-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Awesome! I've been waiting for months for The Spags to post that video.

David Marks also has a new DVD on the market. There should be a link to it on TWW page.

Peter Quinn
01-12-2009, 12:56 PM
Cool. Thanks for that link. Love that guy, miss the show. Nice BS too, 36"? Good god that's big!

Jim Barrett
01-12-2009, 7:42 PM
Cool. Thanks for that link. Love that guy, miss the show. Nice BS too, 36"? Good god that's big!

Big is right...it is a Minimax....I spent a weekend in David's studio about 4 years ago and he had just received the bandsaw...pretty awsome tool.

Jim

Lee Koepke
01-12-2009, 9:18 PM

I smiled when he pulled a cardboard box of 'stuff' out of his router table cabinet.
me too.
he's pretty impressive.

Shannon Seelig
01-12-2009, 10:09 PM

I laughed as well to see the "unfinished" projects and things scattered around the shop. Didn't make me feel so bad! :D

Jim Kountz
01-12-2009, 10:38 PM
Nice tour, he sure has sunk some bucks into the place thats for sure, Id love to take a class from him but its a long way to CA from WV!!

Scott Rollins
01-12-2009, 10:46 PM
David is always inspiring. My "bucket list" has a class at his studio. Love the cardboard box under the router table and the band-aid on his finger:D.

Jim O'Dell
01-13-2009, 11:17 AM
I laughed at the router table bit too. Maybe I shouldn't worry about storage in my shop!! :p I need to watch it again...the 36" BS I thought looked like a Mini Max, but I thought he said it was something else. 22" resaw! WOW!!
I was surprised to see how "segmented" his shop is. I would have expected a little more wide open spaces. Nice tour. Jim.

Pat Germain
01-13-2009, 12:49 PM
I was surprised to see how "segmented" his shop is. I would have expected a little more wide open spaces. Nice tour. Jim.

David's shop is segmented because it was built as a horse stable. He converted it to a woodworking shop, then added on later. The result is a kind of "haunted shack" layout, now that you mention it.

That is a great video. It's like Merlin the Magician taking us on a tour of his workshop. The only thing missing is a bubbling cauldron. :p