PDA

View Full Version : Corel Text Question

Angus Hines
01-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Using X4 how do I get text to follow a path (ie; around a circle) ??
I know its easy just can't figure it out.

Steve Clarkson
01-11-2009, 12:13 PM
Agnus,

After you create your circle, change to the text tool and just click on the circle (it may take a couple clicks to get it exactly where you want it), then type your text and it should go around. Then click on the Pick tool while the text is highlighted and you should see a little red handle at the bottom left of the text.....grab this to move the text around to where you want it.

You can also go under the text menu.....Text|Fit Text to Path

Hope this helps.

Mitchell Andrus
01-11-2009, 12:46 PM
Agnus,

After you create your circle, change to the text tool and just click on the circle (it may take a couple clicks to get it exactly where you want it), then type your text and it should go around. Then click on the Pick tool while the text is highlighted and you should see a little red handle at the bottom left of the text.....grab this to move the text around to where you want it.

Haven't tested this, but if you'll need to remove the circle, be sure to put the text in a different layer.

John Noell
01-11-2009, 1:32 PM
In X3 the text cursor changes when you are right on the line. Also, the text is 'attached' to the line so it cannot be in another layer AFAIK. To make the circle invisible just change its color to 'none' - but I have found it often can cause trouble (such as act like a vector cutting hairline) unless I give it some width.

Martin Boekers
01-11-2009, 2:25 PM
You can click on the circle, then delete it, but you won't be able to adjust the type properly after you delete the circle.

So you may want to save it as a "full" version and then as an engraved version.

Marty

Angus Hines
01-11-2009, 3:12 PM
Thanks all. I got it. It all worked beautifully !!!

Bill Cunningham
01-13-2009, 9:59 PM
If your text is done, and needs no more editing, you can convert it to curves, and simply delete the circle.. The text is now a object, and not path dependent