PDA

View Full Version : Inlay tools

Dave Bureau
01-11-2009, 10:09 AM
Searching online i found some down spiral bits as small as 1/32, and a decent looking router base for a dremel. I bought the Dremel base yesterday but the one from stewart Macdonald seems much more stout and has an air hose attachment. (I didnt look to see if the Dremel base had one) Anyway, has anyone used thes bits from stewart macdonald? and what are your thoughts.
Dave

Doug Shepard
01-11-2009, 10:13 AM
The stewMac bits work very well but they're not easy to find and StewMacs prices are a bit spendy. Do a search for a post by Mike Henderson. He found a source that sells a complete set of the real small ones that have a nice price.

Larry Fox
01-11-2009, 10:25 AM
Dave, I have one of the Stew Mac bits fr inlay and I like it well enough. I don't think it will be head and shoulders above something you could buy cheaper though. I have the Stew Mac base with the air hose. In my opinion the air pump thingy is a throw away. It is, quite literally, a fish tank pump which could likely be had for $5.00 at any respectable aquarium store. PM me and I can give you a pic as well as any other identifying info on it so you can source it.

Mike Henderson
01-11-2009, 10:58 AM
The stewMac bits work very well but they're not easy to find and StewMacs prices are a bit spendy. Do a search for a post by Mike Henderson. He found a source that sells a complete set of the real small ones that have a nice price.

Here's (http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?p=1005269#post1005269) the post Doug is referring to. Look down toward the end of the thread.

Mike