PDA

View Full Version : Another toy for the grand daughter...

Bill Huber
01-10-2009, 10:55 PM
I have seen these around someplace so I decided to make one. The grand daughter is walking real good now so maybe she will like it.

The wheels and handles are walnut, the fork is maple, the spokes are oak, it is 24 inchs high.

There are four 1 inch balls and four 3/4 inch balls in it to make the noise, which I am sure my daughter will love.

There are 3 dowels in the handle and 1 in each fork leg.

106523 106522

Dave Verstraete
01-10-2009, 11:05 PM
Bill
She'll love it!! I remember those. My kids played with those for hours. Her mom will appreciate that.

Great Job!

Bill Huber
01-10-2009, 11:22 PM
Bill
She'll love it!! I remember those. My kids played with those for hours. Her mom will appreciate that.

Great Job!

I am sure my daughter will like hearing it all day.....:D

It is fun to build something like that for your grand kids. They will be around long after all the plastic stuff is gone. My grand daughter can give it to her kids.

gary Zimmel
01-10-2009, 11:49 PM
Great toy for your grand daughter Bill.
Even nicer that it was custom built by grandpa..

Thanks for the post.
Our first grandson is now 6 1/2 months old.
Can't wait to start building toys for him.

Jason Tuinstra
01-11-2009, 12:15 AM
Noise toyz that don't need batteries?! How are the parents supposed to get peace? I hope my dad doesn't see this one. Seriously, nice job! I'm sure it will be cherished for years to come.

Dewey Torres
01-11-2009, 1:15 AM
Bill,
Sweet project!

This is one of those toy the kids like much better than the parents. I still remember my toy similar to that that would pop like popcorn when you pushed it. Fischer Price IIRC.

Another Bill Huber success!

Ken Fitzgerald
01-11-2009, 1:44 AM
Getting revenge on your children can be fun Bill!:rolleyes:

Your granddaughter has you wrapped around her little finger.

Nicely done Grandpa! She'll love it!

John Thompson
01-11-2009, 3:15 PM
Nice project, Bill. I haven't seen one of those in many a moon.

Sarge..

Ted Shrader
01-11-2009, 3:34 PM
Bill -

GREAT toy! Granddaughter will love. Her mom will be ready to kill you. :) Are you going to turn her some drum sticks, too?

Ted

Matt Crew
01-12-2009, 1:54 PM
Could be worse, it could have been an electric guitar!

Really nice looking piece.

Well done.

Mike McCann
01-12-2009, 11:15 PM
Bill
very nice I remember them but you forgot the little bell ball that goes inside that makes noise by barely moving it.

tmike

Jim Becker
01-13-2009, 9:02 PM
Oooh...good one for the granddaughter, especially if granddad isn't always there to listen to it like dad and mom are! LOL Seriously, very nice work. Classic wooden toys like that are so refreshing to see.

Bill Huber
01-13-2009, 11:20 PM
Thanks for all the nice comments......:D

It was a fun little project and with each little project I do I learn something new. So in about 20 year I should be able to make something.

It doesn't make a lot of noise and she liked it I think she pushed it around more then the plastic popper she has at home.

Again THANKS..