PDA

View Full Version : Questions for RIDGID bandsaw owners

Joe Von Kaenel
01-10-2009, 7:00 PM
Folks,

I am having a hard time finding a miter gauge for my BS1400. Will a miter gauge from another 14" bandsaw fit? I ended up with a Grizzly Riser Block, Kreg fence and no miter gauge. I like the saw, but am very frustrated by the lack of RIDGID brand accessories available for these tools Any idea why the these items are so hard to find? Thanks :confused:

Joe

Porter Bassett
01-10-2009, 7:11 PM
What size miter gauge does it have? I can use the miter gauge from my table saw on my 14" Delta.

Bill Huber
01-10-2009, 7:32 PM
It isn't a standard 3/4 x 3/8 slot?

I have a V27 Incra that I use on the TS, BS, sander and the router table.

Lance Norris
01-10-2009, 7:47 PM
Its a standard size slot without the extra cut for holding the piece that keeps the miter gauge from falling out if drawn off the table. Any miter gauge will work if it doesnt have the wider piece that fits into the extra slot. On most miter gauges I have seen, this extra piece is removeable.

Larry Marley
01-10-2009, 7:50 PM
Hi Joe,
I used to have the original Ridgid bandsaw. I bought the Ridgid miter gauge, fence and riser from HD. It did take a bit of looking to find them. If the parts are in the manual, you can order them from Emerson Electric.
Like Bill says, the slot is a standard 3/8 by 3/4" and will work without a problem.
You may need to remove the washer that fits in the T-slot since this is not a T-slot miter slot.
Hope this helps,
Larry

Lance Norris
01-10-2009, 7:56 PM
Folks,

I like the saw, but am very frustrated by the lack of RIDGID brand accessories available for these tools Any idea why the these items are so hard to find? Thanks :confused:

Joe

Joe... the Ridgid is a clone of the Delta 14" cast iron saw in almost every way. I havent found an accessory for the Ridgid yet that didnt fit. I have the accessories you mentioned as well as the Carter Quick Release and Carter Bandsaw Stabilizer and urethane tires. All were ordered for the Delta saw. Its all the same stuff. You want accessories? Call this guy and ask for his bandsaw catalog...

Louis Iturra (Iturra Design, 1-888-722-7078),

Joe Von Kaenel
01-11-2009, 2:22 AM
Thanks for the help. I removed the washer and the miter gauge works well.:D

Joe

Joe Von Kaenel
01-11-2009, 8:13 PM
Lance,

How hard was it to install the "Carter Quick Release" ? Thanks

Joe

Lance Norris
01-11-2009, 8:24 PM
Joe... it was pretty easy. Its been about 2 years, and as I remember... nothing was real difficult. You have to remove the upper wheel and door and "backing plate", and then drill 2 holes in the cast iron upper arm assembly(very easy, cast iron is pretty soft, and the kit even includes the proper size drill bit)Then you thread the self tapping screws into the upper arm, holding the assembly in place and everything goes back together as before. It really is a nice addition, although a little expensive, but very well made, and works great.