PDA

View Full Version : Next Project

Carl Eyman
06-23-2004, 11:11 AM
Finally. after much searching, buying of books, plans, and pestering of you folks, the next project has been chosen. This clock is one sold by Murray Clocks, Ontario, as a kit. They also sell just the plans and let you wing it on your own. This is what I'll try to do. I believe I'll try it in walnut, but if anyone thinks this is a bad idea, let me know. Get ready for lots of questions.

Todd Burch
06-23-2004, 11:37 AM
Carl, how long do you figure it will take you to make it?

Daniel Rabinovitz
06-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Carl
A suggestion;
You can start on the waist and base but at an early stage in time - PURCHASE THE WORKS. That way you will have some real dimensions for holding up the works -- all works are NOT made the same.
Daniel :eek:

Carl Eyman
06-23-2004, 12:55 PM
Dan, a good point. I had tried to redraw another design and found I couldn't find works to fit. That is why I chose these people. They also sell works, pendulums, etc. so I think I have that covered.

Todd, your guess may be as good as mine. I am guessing about 300 shop hours not counting material, cutting lists, etc. With the heat in my tin roof shop in the summer my work day is likely to be short this summer. So, if I get it done by October I guess I'll be satisfied. If I can drag it out to Christmas, it'll save me thinking of a Christmas present for son and family.