PDA

View Full Version : Corel: Can v10 do this?

Dave Johnson29
01-10-2009, 1:37 PM
Hi All,

After springing for X4 I find it will only run under XP and Vista, so it is back to v10 for the desktop win2000 machine in the office. :(

I am trying to fit text to a path. I have a circle and I have Artistic text. I want the text inside and at the bottom of the circle but v10 insists I need it outside and at the top. I can swing it around to the bottom with the little red square but it is still outside and then upside down.:)

I checked Help and it tells me to use the Property Bar for vertical alignment etc, but there is nothing on the property bar associated with that.

Would someone please put me straight with this?

Thanks.

Thanks

George D Gabert
01-10-2009, 1:40 PM
I am runing x4 under win xp

GDG

Margaret Turco
01-10-2009, 1:51 PM
Hi Dave,

I found this link that may help you install X4: http://www.midwestlasers.com/PDF/CorelDRAW%20X4.pdf

I think your problem with the text has to do with the snap increment setting but I don't have it in front of me right now. Maybe the top toolbar, 1/3 of the way from the right? Or try turning the snap off, alt + z and see if that helps.

Dave Johnson29
01-10-2009, 2:00 PM
I found this link that may help you install X4: http://www.midwestlasers.com/PDF/CorelDRAW%20X4.pdf

Thanks Margaret but when I run the install it says XP or Vista only. Those instructions mention SP3 for win2000 and I have it at SP4 so maybe that's why it will not install. I can't roll back to SP3 either.

Corel: I disabled Snap but still the same. I will dig further. Thanks.

Steve Clarkson
01-10-2009, 2:19 PM
When it's upside down, you should be able to mirror it to get it right side up.

Mike Null
01-10-2009, 2:44 PM
Dave

You can always do it in X4 and save it back to v10.

But I think Steve's got the answer. I started with v8 and it had the feature so I'm sure every issue since can do it as well.

Martin Boekers
01-10-2009, 3:02 PM
Dave, after you fit text to path, click off to the side then back to the type, If you have the type with the red box you should have text tools showing on the top bar.

presets..... curve of the type....and position of the type in relation to your circle.

on the presets open the flyout and use preset 7 that should put the type in the proper format that when you slide the red box to the bottom it will be right side up.

you can then use the positioning fly out to set your type above on or below you circle outline.

Hope this helps

Marty

Mike Mackenzie
01-10-2009, 3:04 PM
Dave,

In version 10 once you have fit the text to path you can then manipulate it with the drop down menus that appear. see the attached file

Martin Boekers
01-10-2009, 3:08 PM
Mike, so much more eliquent than my wordy instructs!!!!

A+ for using Corel to illustrate Corel!

Bravo!!!

Marty

Dee Gallo
01-10-2009, 3:55 PM
I am trying to fit text to a path. I have a circle and I have Artistic text. I want the text inside and at the bottom of the circle but v10 insists I need it outside and at the top. I can swing it around to the bottom with the little red square but it is still outside and then upside down.:)

I might be doing it wrong, but it is easiest to just grab the type after you attach it to the bottom of your circle and slide it away as far as you want. Then, "transform" it using the mirror and it will be right side up.

Dave Johnson29
01-10-2009, 7:00 PM
presets..... curve of the type....and position of the type in relation to your circle.

Thanks Marty, Mike and Dee,

Marty, I looked in the presets but it had Text1 through Text7. I didn't think to move the mouse down to any of them. Had I done that I would have seen the fly out example. Aaarrrggghhhhhhh :):)

Mike Thanks for the .CDR a picture paints a thousand words. I was wrestling with the Vertical Placement drop down. Duh!!

Dee I will try your method too. I don't think there is right or wrong just different ways of doing the same thing.

I can't believe the solution was so simple. I spent 4 hours hacking at it before I asked. Must be a Male thing like asking for directions!! :eek: