PDA

View Full Version : Old growth Doug. Fir

Chris Brault
01-10-2009, 12:33 AM
I've mentioned before on here I used to work for an old growth fir mill in Toutle, Wa. (base of Mt.St Helens)

Talked to my old boss today and he is in a couple of months looking to sell some C.V.G. douglas fir. It is around 1" rough sawn, kiln dried, and stored undercover. He has alot of 3-5' lengths, and some from 6-20' also. 1x2, 1x3, 1x4, 1x5,1x6, and some , but not much, 1x8 and 10". He was saving most of this for his woodshop, but is getting way too much inventory of this. He was preferring for somebody interested to be around the Pacific Northwest here, but said today for the right order , he could probably do something. There would also have to be a minimum amount bought to make it worth his while. All of this material is minimumly C & better,, I'd say 75% is B & better clear. I was there when we stacked and sorted all of this material, so I know what's in these piles. Oh, ya, I knew I was forgetting something, this is all true old growth,, 10 rings to the inch, minimum. Some of it is extremely tight grain 20-25 rings per inch, some 10-12 rings inch,, but little or none below 10. He has one pile of more open grain stuff (some people prefer that?) 1X6X18' clear.

Just thought I'd mention that on here , if any of you guys think you have some projects coming where you'd like to purchase some of this!

Lloyd McKinlay
01-10-2009, 12:05 PM
what the asking price is? I'm looking for a couple hundred board feet of CVG 6 inches wide and over, primarily in 7-8 foot lengths. I live about 5 hours away so no shipping. PM me with the information if you wish.

Chris Brault
01-10-2009, 7:10 PM
Hey Loyd, left a message with him, he'll get back with me in the next couple of days. Then I'll let you know- I can't remember what he has in inventory of those lengths also--= but i'll find out!